HybridZ

paddle shifter for chevy v8

Those are in my plan !! The total cost is about $1,200.00.

You have to buy a transmission computer as well from TCI, Powertrain Solutions and few other vendors out there. There is another company by the name of Retrotek that makes paddle shifters also, that utilizes mechanical linkage. I am researching if I can use Retroteks paddle shifters with the TCI T-Com transmission controller.By the way Jegs sells the whole set-up.

I wish someone would come out and say whether or not it has any bad effects (downshifting). Most of the newer cars with paddle shifters have PCM's that will lower engine rpm's and adjust ignition timing for up and downshifts...

I was wondering the same thing, but then upon reading that article, i realized it was nothing more than an ad aswell.

they wouldn't mention the side-affects.

I am not sure if I am drunk or not but what's the difference between putting paddle shifter into a Z compare to putting lambo doors into a Z? I didn't bother to read the ad but the ads are there for you to buys their $hit right?

Sorry I am in the mood to tick some body off..

I am not sure if I am drunk or not but what's the difference between putting paddle shifter into a Z compare to putting lambo doors into a Z? I didn't bother to read the ad but the ads are there for you to buys their $hit right?

The same thing could be said for building a kit car out of a Z, did that tick you off? Why is it so many people have to criticize others people choices for their cars? Ever drive a car with paddle shifters, I doubt it? Paddle shifter is in my long term plans too.

I am not upset by any comments, at the end of the day I am a Grown Man. I will do with my Z what i want to. Having said that, my reason for paddle shifters 1. I have a six speed Vette. 2. The Ls1 salvage motors with automatics were plentiful 3. I am not a purist, and I have tried the paddle shifters in a buddies LT1 car, and in a new vette. At this point of my swap I am not asking why I should do or try something different, I am going with why not.

i'm not sure if that comment was directed at me, since you're in a piss-mood. but i meant to say that i like the product, but on those pages you would have a tough time finding out the disadvantages or problems/side-affects associated with them, considering the ppl writing the articles probably got the units for free if they spoke highly of the product.

I am not upset by any comments, at the end of the day I am a Grown Man. I will do with my Z what i want to. Having said that, my reason for paddle shifters 1. I have a six speed Vette. 2. The Ls1 salvage motors with automatics were plentiful 3. I am not a purist, and I have tried the paddle shifters in a buddies LT1 car, and in a new vette. At this point of my swap I am not asking why I should do or try something different, I am going with why not.

I agree with your reasons. Its just I don't see why some people have to crap on other's choices. It happens here a lot. BTW I think VINHZXT's car is awesome.

HybridZ is the last place I would expect such things. However, I will not be a hypocrite, there was a post about a particular wheel choice posted, and though the wheels were not my taste, but I respected his wheel choices. Back to the paddle shifters !!! I have that particular magazine copy of the install, and there are some small details left out like how you splice into the TPS or buy a pigtail instead. From the research I have done the PowerTrain Solutions transmission controller may be better and have newer technology, than TCI T-com set-up. I will be purchasing one or the other in about two months, so hopefully by that time I will have all the answers. BTW, I think VINHZXT's car is nice as well, and I respect his knowledge of LS1 swaps.

HybridZ is the last place I would expect such things. However, I will not be a hypocrite, there was a post about a particular wheel choice posted, and though the wheels were not my taste, but I respected his wheel choices. Back to the paddle shifters !!! I have that particular magazine copy of the install, and there are some small details left out like how you splice into the TPS or buy a pigtail instead. From the research I have done the PowerTrain Solutions transmission controller may be better and have newer technology, than TCI T-com set-up. I will be purchasing one or the other in about two months, so hopefully by that time I will have all the answers. BTW, I think VINHZXT's car is nice as well, and I respect his knowledge of LS1 swaps.

If someone post something I don't like I just don't reply unless asked directly, even then I'll usually take it off-line with a PM.

I email twist machine a month or so and asked about using their setup on my Z with the 4L60E. They replied immediately and even told me what Grant adapter I would need and offered to acquire it for me if I need them too. I'm sure if you emailed them they would address any issues you have.

Guys,

I didn't mean to step on anyone's toe. I wasn't criticizing your selection either. What I forgot was to explain my point and that is with a V8 Z why would you need the paddle shifter. It's not worth the time, money and effort IMO and you don't need paddle shifter to spank other people on the street. I could spend that money else where that makes it worth while. However if you decided to do it more power to you and I don't criticize anyone for doing that because of the reason you do whatever you please with your car. I know this first hand because in all of my Zs I modified them to my taste.

Have a nice day..

V.

PS. It was late last night and I had a few Heinekens lol.

Hey man, I say go for it.

Now... "go for it" isn't as meaningful as "hell ya, do it!", because that's reserved for instances where you absolutely should not take your hands off the wheel :mrgreen: but i still say "go for it"