HybridZ

To buy or not to buy?

Hello everyone this is actually my first post on this great website, I currently own a 1986 Nissan 300zx and Am looking to buy a older S30. I have found one near me but I am not to sure about it. The add is not very specific but the body looks to be in good shape. here is a link to the add. http://vancouver.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-Datsun-240-ZX-W0QQAdIdZ16686384

Yeah, when I said it was close I meant withing shipping distance, The car is about a 8 hour drive away :( The add is for 2,500CAD but I am able to buy it off of him for 1,000CAD because he really needs it gone. Would buying the car for 1,000$ and then paying shipping be a viable thing to do?

I'd be a little concerned about a Z sitting in the weeds - rust could be a big problem. Add in the price drop from $2500 to $1000 and it sounds like if anyone looked at it in person, they weren't interested.

Dennis

'71 Z, Original Owner

You really need to look at it in person.

If the body is not rusted through than that is a good deal, motor or no motor. An uncracked 240 dash is worth half the purchase price.

If the battery tray and floor is rusted through than that is just $1000 worth of headaches.

I'd never buy the car sight unseen. Someone must know someone close enough to the car to inspect it for you. Sounds like outrageous claims of condition to me. I'd want it pulled or driven to flat ground for much better and close up photos. It could be an investment for parting out if many parts are in good shape. The racing fenders would fetch a fair price assuming the condition is good. Dash could be perfect to crap and price would adjust accordingly. Alloy wheels might sell well too. Primer paint does not get my vote for metal protection...what is it covering up, I wonder???