HybridZ

Wheel Show! Post your pics of you wheels

For those of you running 16x8 what tires sizes are you running and what suspension? I'm looking for 16x8 all around with maybe 225/50/16 tires. I will run eibach progressives with tokico blues. I wanna know if I need to roll my fenders or trim back the stock perch to prevent rubbing.

Thanks for your help.

Also if anyone has pictures of rota wires or rota flush wheels please share them. Would love to see them mounted on a 240

It It really depends on your offset and the tire itself. Not all 225s are actually 225 mm and the width of the tire at the sidewalls is wider. However, working with a zero offsetit should clear the OEM suspension unless for some odd reason your camber is positive and you could possibly have to roll the seam on the inside of the rear fender. We just switched to 16x8 +0 w/ 255-50-16 Hankook Z214s from 17x7 -47 w 50mm spacer adapters (essentially a +3mm offset) and 225-45-17 BFG Rivals (which is about the same diameter of ur 225-50-16). We are using stock spring perches w S.T. springs and had no rubbing on the suspension w/ either setup. The 17" setup rubbed the lip in the rear on big bumps so we rolled the lip and that solved it. In order to get the 255s to fit we had to install the puck style spring rubbers (2 on each corner) which stiffened the car up a lot and keeps the tire from contacting the fender by preventing compression. Its a nice setup for autocross and we can pull the spring rubbers fairly easily and swap to the 17s for a fairly compliant street ride.

For those of you running 16x8 what tires sizes are you running and what suspension? I'm looking for 16x8 all around with maybe 225/50/16 tires. I will run eibach progressives with tokico blues. I wanna know if I need to roll my fenders or trim back the stock perch to prevent rubbing.

Thanks for your help.

Also if anyone has pictures of rota wires or rota flush wheels please share them. Would love to see them mounted on a 240

what are "Rota Wires"? 

Right now I run 16x8's 0 offset all around on Tokico Illuminas which dropped the car about 2.5".  I run 225/55/R16/W without any modifications at all. No problems. Tires are Yokohama S.Drive

Thanks for your help.

Edited by AZGhost623

We just switched to 16x8 +0 w/ 255-50-16 Hankook Z214s from 17x7 -47 w 50mm spacer adapters (essentially a +3mm offset) 

I think you mean +47. A -47mm offset with 50mm adapters would yield an equivalent -97 offset. +47 with 50mm would yield the specified +3 equivalent.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...