HybridZ
k3werra

Wheel Show! Post your pics of you wheels

This car looks familiar:

z.jpg

found on the turbo rotary 510 page.

wow nice find! any other pics of it back in the day? :Right click save as: The last guy I bought it off of took the centerlines off in lieu of some panasports--- and now i just sold them for some sportmax's

I know i know--- panasport> sportmax but I needed width to fill out the widebody---

The car looks even more like the batmobile with those centerlines on it... lol

Actually mopar those are made by "western" and i beleive they are called turbines.

I sold a set of those to Bradman-Q45, and they do look like westerns. I always called the turbines, but I think the real name might be cyclone. If you call them the turbines, people will know what you're talking about though.

Here are a couple of styles that are no longer made.

The first are Ronal Racing 16 inch 3 piece wheels on my brothers Z which he built in the 80's. Ronal has since discontinued the 16 inch size. The second ones are Wheel Specialities. They are 2 piece wheels that are glued together with some NASA glue! This style wheel was used by Andy Craig to win the FP solo 2 nationals years ago against a tube frame TR-8.

sidecrop85warm-full.jpg

1154Mvc-014f.jpg

The text didn't make in the pic title. I had to use a 1/2" spacer on the rear only. The rims clear the lower coil over spring perch by about .050". With the out fender lip totally removed I can set the camber to about -1 deg with no tire contact throughout the entire suspension travel.

hey marcg, on the 450z in the first pic, how wide of a spacer did you use?

ok... My current car has Hyashi reverse mesh wheels.

Myblack1972240Zandmyredtruck.jpg

I have a set of 15x10 Revolution Classics with 5.25" backspace

RevolutionClassic15x10.jpg

I was going to use them on my new V-8 car but It turns out I need 17". These 15x10s will fit over the Willwood and Toyota brake upgrades. I am going to have a fire sale on these and a few other nice parts soon.

ok.. here is the last weird wheel set I have to fit a 240Z.

These are glass filled Nylon outers with forged aluminum centers. They are made by MRT wheels.

MRTwheels.jpg

Old wheels - still in garage with 95% tread left

Car7.JPG

"New" wheels - I just added 3-spoke knock-offs/spinners. Thinking about painting/powdercoating the wheels flat charcoal dark grey and leaving the spinners chromed along with the lugs.

Car4.JPG

I have a set of 15x10 Revolution Classics with 5.25" backspace

RevolutionClassic15x10.jpg

I was going to use them on my new V-8 car but It turns out I need 17". These 15x10s will fit over the Willwood and Toyota brake upgrades. I am going to have a fire sale on these and a few other nice parts soon.

ok.. here is the last weird wheel set I have to fit a 240Z.

These are glass filled Nylon outers with forged aluminum centers. They are made by MRT wheels.

MRTwheels.jpg

Ouch!!! Those are my old wheels! Off my totaled race car. Interestingly, the MRT's I bought use from Mike Kelly (on this board) in about 1996. So, how much to buy my Revolutions back? (I'm PMing you)

Hi there Russ!!! nice to hear from you.

Yes these are your old wheels. I REALLY wanted to use these, but my V-8 swap wont allow me to raise the steering rack and the Revolutions will interfere with the steering knuckles/tie rod ends if I lower those.