HybridZ

Wheel Show! Post your pics of you wheels

These are the original 14" wheels I purchased back in 1976 with the car. The are Appliance wheels with new Eagle alloys centers and new lugs and the tires are 205/70/14.

wheel.jpg

what's the colour code for that paint.

It's the original colour of my car as well. I've noticed by taking the interior out. =(

so beautiful.

very nice wheels too. i like.

I think our cars are very close in production as well

nebsheer, thanks I liked them when I first got the car and I still think they are the best on an old car, I just wish they were 15" or 16" so I could get lower profile tires.

Careless, the code color is 302 metalic green. It is the original color for the car, I did have the car re-painted about 24 years ago. thanks for the nice comments.

These are the original 14" wheels I purchased back in 1976 with the car. The are Appliance wheels with new Eagle alloys centers and new lugs and the tires are 205/70/14.

wheel.jpg

Well that looks familiar ....except yours are in way better condition =) yours look polished while mine are satin.

i run 225/60 all the way around on Toyo's.

http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=7339&cat=658

Phantaz, you can get the centers from Massey1946 motors on EBay. They are located in Oklahoma some place. Phone number is 405-239-2010.

I think yours were originally polished, just use some mothers aluminum polish on them with al lot of elbow grease.

heres my wheels, they are boyd coddington customs, 17x9.5. running 255,40r17's v rated. i could have fit 265, but they way more per tire. also running stock height suspention, with the front lip rolled just a little at the front edge. hope that helps, sorry cant remember the offset.

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

Wheel/tire size details for the guys that requested! The wheels are manufactured by Altstadt....not sure of the model but, I've never seen another set of 3pc Altstadt's like these! The fronts are 17"x 8" and the rears are 17"x 9". Tires...215-40 x 17 front, 235-40 x 17 rear. I have coilovers, sectioned struts, and camber plares but have no body mods. At the ride height I'm at (just under 4") the rears are pretty tight on clearance but no interference issues...the front have no clearance issue either. The offset on the wheels are 35mm and required me to fab up custom spacer. I've gone to 3" long MOROSO 1/2" studs so the spacers are sandwiched between the hubs and wheels. Hope this is what you guys were asking for?

Tom

16x8 Rota RBR in "hyper black" with 10mm offset (4 29/32's inch backspacing). Note: this offset allows the max tire width on stock configured car much better than zero offset. Shown here test mounted with 245/45/16's ... the front would require a 5mm spacer to clear stock coil spring perch, the rears would fit with minimal fender clearance issues ... so I just ordered 225/50/16's that should fit PERFECTLY.

The bottom photo is legit, the top is with future mod's photo shopped in :)

Better quality pics will replace these once I get the correct tires permanently mounted.

3632_thumb.attach

Russ please more info on those RB-R's! I've been looking for wheels everywhere and those finally look like something I would buy. I would love to get them in that hyper black and paint an orange lip on them. Please post more pics. How much do they weigh each? How big is the lip on those wheels? So with the 10mm offset do you think 245's can fit in the rear with some minor fender rolling?

Armand, thanks for the kind words! These are the perfect wheels for a Z as far as I am concerned and I am thrilled to have them. They look very similar to Panasports, but I actually like them better (the color helps!). I need to weigh them before I mount the 225's, I'll guess about 17lbs but I want to know myself so I'll get back to you. I believe that 245/45's would fit on the rear with fender rolling, it might require some fender stretching but that will likely vary from car to car. The lip I'll have to measure, but I'd guess it's between 2.5 and 3". I got mine from 18racing.com. There is a group buy going on these wheels on this board in 17" sizes. So far I don't think the 17's actually exist, but they are supposed to be coming. I'll post more pics once the tires come in.