HybridZ

glass rubber

im in the market for new rubber for my windsheild, and hatch glass. i ran across some auctions on ebay, but im kinda weary of aftermarket rubber. here are the ebay links.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-240Z-260Z-280Z-New-Windshield-Rubber-Seal-Gasket_W0QQitemZ160147579536QQihZ006QQcategoryZ6763QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD6VQQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-240z-260z-280z-Hatch-Rear-Glass-Seal-NOS_W0QQitemZ220139827737QQihZ012QQcategoryZ6763QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD6VQQcmdZViewItem

i want to know where everyone got their rubber and how it fits.

The second auction that you listed appears to be a genuine Nissan rear glass seal. I would certainly ask the seller to verify that is the case though. Also, if you choose to deal with reddat on E-Bay, request a quote on shipping/handling if you have a budget!!! My experience is that he tends to pay himself better for handling than most other sellers.

Personally, my experience is limited. I have bought a complete set from Victoria British/Black Dragon. From the set I have only used the rear hatch to body weatherstrips. Although they are not identical to original parts, they seem to fit satisfactorly and they do seal.

Good luck with your decision,

Paul

Make sure you get a ship price! His shipping is a profit center! Very bad experience with him, I had to file a complaint with paypal.

If posible I would buy original glass seals. I used a aftermarket that never fit right and caused a leak at the pillar. I'm sure there are some decent ones out there.

The last order I placed with him (reddat) he charged me $17.00 for a handfull of bolts. 3 & 1/2 weeks later no product and no response on when or how they shipped. Not good business, I panned on buying alot from him. It's really a shame because he has a lot good parts that I won't be buying. Shipping, "Not Specified"