HybridZ

The VQ35 is mounted (Pics)

240hoke

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Nope, Ive been swampped with work and school. Hoping to get some good hours in this weekend and the next few weekends to come. Ill post updates on my site for sure when I get there. Im in the middle of a lot of things so I should have alot of updates when I get all these little things wrapped up.

Still hoping to get it done this summer (got 6 weeks left!!!). We will see.

Just want to let you know man that you've done a beautiful job on the swap so far. I can only hope my 240z turns out as nice as yours. Planning having my future datsun 240z with that engine as well. Can't wait to see the finished product!

• 4 weeks later...

Well I have lots of updates... I'm just aggravated with my website and looking for another way to build/host it. But yea it seems to be going down the drain like all my previous website attempts. Hopefully ill be able to put a little time in it soon.

Well I have lots of updates... I'm just aggravated with my website and looking for another way to build/host it. But yea it seems to be going down the drain like all my previous website attempts. Hopefully ill be able to put a little time in it soon.

you got PM.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey,

No I didnt weigh the motor, I don't really have a good way to do it. After i get everything running and i pull it all out to repaint the engine bay and stuff ill try and find a scale to weight it with.

All stock electronics will be used including the nats system so the chipped 350z key must be used to start it.

Ive been so busy this summer with school and work I havent got much done. however the only thing left pretty much is the exhaust the wiring. ive got all my exhaust stuff and started on the down pipes, its dual 2.5" to single 3" with a borla muffler... all stainless steel. I also have the wiring schematics and everything laid out, so i just gotta find some time to finish this thing.

Here are the most recent pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/TwiistedSIXX/VQ?authkey=8G8qNDZQxfU

Guest patrickloughran

looks really clean. also looks like it fit right in no problem nice job austin!!!!! as far as the stress factors we'll be watching for your experiences??? has any boby thought of wraping the frame rails like they do lowriders with hydros ,,welding thicker pieces of plate over the rails...althogh my hommie left the wishbone unwrapped in his 66 impala with a 383 stroker the top torke arm on the diferential popped the wishbone clean out were it bolts on in a squar 4 bolt pattern like a punch just popped it right out to much torque..and the only part that was not wrapped(reinforced)

The problem is that we are dealing with torque, and reinforcing or wrapping hte frame rails will just transfer the torque to the weaker metal and wont really add any strength at it..it will just break somewhere else. The proper way to address the problem is how it was discussed earlier with a crossmember... I personally have thicker rails, and don't think it will be an issue with the power Im looking to make. im the future when the swap is complete and running I will look into making a crossmember.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice job on the exhaust!

It looks like 3'' piping fom the Y pipe back to a Borla??

That's definatly going to be loud but, i'm sure a resonator can be added if it ends up being a little raspy. Regardless, i'm sure it'l sound good with a Borla on there.

About the wiring.... Are you going to use the 350Z gas pedal and ignition/key system? Another concern I have is bypassing the fuel pump, and other electronics like the cluster, and all the other junk we wont be using.

I'm hoping youl be saving/logging important data as you will be helping future VQ swappers including me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...