HybridZ

Pre-2jz prep items

Hey_You

So I have a shell of a 240z, plan on puting a 2jz in it, and was going to start getting things rolling on it here in a little bit. I had a couple of questions reguarding the fueling aspect. I'm going to put in a fuel cell (not just to be cool, but because I want a super clean look, and the gas door just isn't gonna cut it, so it's being shaved, and because they are safer) I was wondering what size I should get. 12 gallon, 16 gallon, 20 gallon (I was thinking 16 gallon, but only because I'm not sure what kind of mileage to expect) Also, how powerful of a fuel pump I need to get, any brand I should consider. I'm probably going to be under 500hp (crank) for a LONG time, so that's a pretty big factor. What size fuel lines also? Thanks in advance

Congrats on the start of your project. My project is like yours (2J-240z)

I already had a aluminum fuel cell box in the car so I bought the following to go inside of it:

ATL SA115 15 gallon "Saver Series" hard rubber bladder

ATL ST2 Drop-in surge tank upgrade

ATL LS-12 Level sender with gauge installed

ATL SF110 Alky Foam (so I can run E85 someday)

Nice compact set up. It cost a lot but I see as a very important safety piece. I can modify my budget in other areas to make up for the expense.

Hope that helps a little

• 2 weeks later...

I'm about a week from ordering my fuel cell, fuel pump, and all new stainless braided lines. Still not sure on which pump to use though. After I get that, I'll wait another 2 weeks and then hopefully get a pair of Wilwood Forged Billet Dynalite Calipers, (or whatever they are...the 4 piston ones) so I can have front brakes (shell convieniently came without the fronts.) while the rears remain drums for a couple weeks longer. After I get that problem out of the way, then I will start the saving for the engine, trans, and such. My worry is when I do get the engine, and when it comes down to the install, are there any wiring worries I should have? Just in the engine area, I plan on running a painless chassis harness

"My worry is when I do get the engine, and when it comes down to the install, are there any wiring worries I should have? Just in the engine area, I plan on running a painless chassis harness". Man do I wish they made a Datsun 240z specific kit.

I think you'll be in good shape with the painless kit though. Your questions are good ones though. I still havent figured that out yet. I still need to check on some stuff still regarding my stand alone and the factory ecu wiring before I can give out any advice in that area. Zgad or Cyrus i think rewired their cars so it gives me hope. I don't plan on figuring it all out myself. I'm sure there are some smart electrical guys that will take what i think is complex and make it look simple if I get in over my head.