HybridZ

HLS30-00383 1969 240Z ebay

It is sort of a poorly worded sentence but I think he was trying to say the running gear is factory with the exception of the 5 speed trans. At least that is one way to read it.

How cool would that be, serial #383 with 383 stroker motor?

That car is a long way from being original. The body kit pieces could easily be removed. But there are a number of interior changes, like the center console has been changed and the guages are all white faced. A resotration would propbably be prohibitively expensive.

Perfect Hybrid material.

I read it like he believes all the running gear is all factory original.

"The engine serial number matches the body. It has a 5 speed transmission, and i have every reason to beleive that all running gear is factory."

I agree a 383 stroker swap would be sweet in that car.

no title! 75-78 grille and turn sigs, 5-spd trans, this car while maybe the shell is a 69, is not worth anything without a proper title. Unless anyone sho buys it is either from Alabama or wants to move there to own it. Or if you want to build a race car. NOT WORTH IT!

As far as the title thing goes,you only need a bill of sale on a car older than 1974 in this state.you can have a title issued,but it is NOT a requirement.Believe me when I say I have bought and sold dozens of cars in this state,mostly old Z cars.I personally think the car has some potential if the chassis is in good shape.Sell off some of the body kit parts and put it back to original form.240Z's of this serial number are few and far between and prices continue to climb.Just my .02 cents.

Why did the US cars only have 4 speed when the Uk 240's had 5 speed from early on. My 72 is factory 5 speed.

Exactly, the Euro cars got the same FS5W71A gearbox as the UK and Japanese models, and a 3,90:1 R180 diff... But, as far as I remember, the US 4-speed has shorter ratios than the 5-speed, if combined with the same differential ratio.

It seems that this car needs some care. Somebody from here should buy it! Lightweight '69 body with a thumpin' Hybrid motor under the bonnet? Mhm... :)

OK place your bets, what will it go to? being that "thanks i dont want to sell it [the 240Z], you know how it is. " That statement is worth

$ 3 grand, when asked about the rare 5 speed tranny. I say $5500.00 .With his evasive answers I would be way leary without seeing the car in person.