HybridZ

18x9.5 R 18x8.5 F installed...lotsa pic's

I finallly got the car on the ground with the new wheels installed. It was a real b*tch, but I think it was worth it. Here's a link to a thread describing some of what was involved to get these wheels to fit:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=124054

It fits extremely tight everywhere! I had to trim part of my airdam to allow room for the front wheels to turn. The rear has 8" springs and rolled fenders. Here's some info:

Front

Tires

245/40R18 Falken Azenis

OD 25.6"

Tread width 9.1"

Rims

18x8.5 +35 Offset

Spacer

Techno Toy Tuning 25mm

Net Offset

+10mm

Rear

Tires

275/35R18 Falken Azenis

OD 25.6"

Tread width 10.0"

Rims

18x9.5 +35 Offset

Spacer

5/8" 15.875mm

Net Offset

+19.125mm

DSCF4350.JPG

DSCF4360.JPG

DSCF4361.JPG

DSCF4362.JPG

DSCF4363.JPG

DSCF4364.JPG

DSCF4365.JPG

DSCF4366.JPG

DSCF4367.JPG

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is awesome! It looked like a lot of work, but you really nailed the stance and fit. When's the paint job now that you got the fenders rolled?
Thanks, it does seem worth all the work and hassle now that it's done. It's a good thing it wasn't painted before I rolled the fenders as most of the paint flaked off the inside of the lip during the process. The paint and body work will start very soon.

I'm happy I went with 275's and thanks for all the help Clifton.

I don't think rubbing will be an issue on the back as I moved the wheel throughout it's travel range without a spring on and didn't have any interference. I don't think the rear is raised too high, and I can still bring it down farther if I want to. It would definitely sit too high if I kept the 10" springs.

The front tires are extremely close to the front air dam, and rubbing may be an issue there when the front suspension is compressed in a turn. A smaller diameter tire, raising the front, and using a smaller spacer are all possible solutions. Using a different air dam could potentially resolve the problem as well, but I like the one I have.