HybridZ
Bartman

18x9.5 R 18x8.5 F installed...lotsa pic's

the depth of the lips that you have....from the spoke to the rim ( outter part of the wheels that the bead of the tire rests against.

Sorry, I misunderstood your question. The rear lips are right around 3.5", I'll have to measure the fronts when I get a chance.

I should have taken a picture with a cell phone or a twenty sitting on the lip.:icon44:

Guest JeffForSale!

how are you liking the rt615s?

I've got a mechanical issue that I've been trying to resolve (stumble under load), so I haven't been able to give the new setup a complete workout. That being said I did take it out a couple times around my neighborhood to try and get a feel for the new setup as well as debug my stumbling problem.

At first there was a vibration in the wheel, but that went away after a couple of miles. I've taken it over some pretty good bumps without any rubbing, but the car is now pretty stiff with the new swaybars. The car doesn't feel too 'heavy' and the steering still feels fairly light even though I have 8.5" wide rims (previously 7") It feels good on the freeway and I didn't hear any road noise...of course my engine is pretty loud anyway.

There may be some push, but my front to rear stagger isn't that much (only 1"), so it may not be as pronounced as what Guy is experiencing. I need to get it back out on the Autocross course to see how it feels close to the limits.

i dont know if it's your rear bumper or what but mine definately look like they sit farther out in the rear and they're only 9" wide. get a picture from further back, thats my favorite view of my car, when i'm depressed i just step back into my driveway and look at my cars a$$ end and it gets me motivated again

So I've had these wheels for a while and I just wanted to provide an update on them. I took my car to the MSA Autocross a couple weeks ago and was very happy with the wheels and overall handling of the car. The swaybars helped reduce the roll significantly and the tires provided much more grip than I had previously. The front didn't push too much and I could still easily induce oversteer with the throttle. The key was to provide just enough throttle to keep the rears right on the edge of adhesion instead of breaking the rear end loose and sliding around the turns; although sliding around the turns is a blast. I did spin out once trying to find the limits.

On the street the car feels great without being too harsh and without any rubbing. Overall I'm pleased with the look and performance of this wheel package.

There is a dent on the chrome trim ring on one of the rear wheels, and since it happened while getting new tires installed they wound up paying for a whole new set of different wheels as these SportMax wheels are no longer available.  If your interested in purchasing the wheels in this thread let me know.  Must pick up in SoCal area.