HybridZ

What the hell is this???

Owen

I'm trying to sell my daily driver car and this guy emails me the following. Sounds like a scam to me...I haven't responded yet but my first inclination is to say "cash only" or "title transfer only after check is cleared".

It also sounds like I'm expected to ship the car on his dime. Hell no! Too much hassle.

Opinions? How do you guys handle receipt of payment vs release of ownership?

--------------

Good to hear from you i really appreciate the response, i will need you to consider the car sold to me and am in total agree with the final price so i will call my secretary first thing tomorrow to issue out the check as soon as you send me your full name and address including your phone number and i will want you not to bother yourself about the shipping i have an international shipping company that would handle the shippment all you need to do is try and determine the car weigth very well if available for now because the shipping fee for the car will be included to the check and we wouldn't like to make mistake with the weigth, so as soon as you recieve the check you will deduct your car fee and send the rest to the shipping company so all i need now is the wiegth and once again thanks DO NOT FORGET TO SEND ME YOUR FULL NAME AND ADDRESS FOR PAYMENT ASAP.

Tell him you need a hundred bucks deposit in order to hold the car. See if the scamer will send you a check.

I always say that I want a good faith deposit to hold the car and it needs to be to my Paypal account. The excuses are always good that they come up with for not making a cash deposit.

That is a total scam. I have seen something similar before. I bet you haven't spoken to them in person, right? Another thing... people with secretaries don't spell like a third grader. After you arrange to send your car, payment is made and then the bank comes back to you to say it's a fraud. Now you have no car, and you get to pay the money back, plus the shipping cost too! Do yourself a favor, tell this person to "F" off, that God will find them sooner or later, and find a real buyer.

T.O.

T.O.