HybridZ

Toyota S13W calipers dimensions

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not sure what you exactly want, but I can tell you that the width of the slot is 29.0mm.

Exactly what I needed, also I have updated the pictures above to show the 2 calipers and there dimensions,for anyone else needing this information.

thanks again,

Nigel

• 5 months later...

Hi, can any one tell me the distance from the caliper mounting holes to the top inside of the caliper, this is the area where the outer rotor spins in, and if the rotor diameter was to increase the rotor would hit this surface.

I am trying to find the differance between the S12W, S13W.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, can any one tell me the distance from the caliper mounting holes to the top inside of the caliper, this is the area where the outer rotor spins in, and if the rotor diameter was to increase the rotor would hit this surface.

I am trying to find the differance between the S12W, S13W.

Is this what you are after ?

picture is off a S13WB

Nigel

S13WB_thumb.jpg

Just to clarify, I got the S13WB caliper by mistake but the S12W pads fit perfectly as well as alignment with the rotor. It also clears my 16x8 Rota RB's +04 easily with about an inch clearance. I don't understand why everyone uses the S12W caliper instead of the S13WB caliper? It's newer and has slightly bigger pistons..?

Just to clarify, I got the S13WB caliper by mistake but the S12W pads fit perfectly as well as alignment with the rotor. It also clears my 16x8 Rota RB's +04 easily with about an inch clearance. I don't understand why everyone uses the S12W caliper instead of the S13WB caliper? It's newer and has slightly bigger pistons..?

Even S12W's are overkill. People have trouble getting enough rear brake bias with those.

Bigger is not better.

I don't understand why everyone uses the S12W caliper instead of the S13WB caliper? It's newer and has slightly bigger pistons..?

Because the S13WB caliper is designed to be used with a 26 to 28mm thick rotor whereas the S12W calipers are designed to be used with a 22mm thick rotor. Check out the photos in the first post of this thread. If you are using the S13WB caliper with a 22mm thick rotor (like the Z31 rotor) then there is a chance that the caliper pistons may actually come out of their bores when the pads and the rotors have been worn down to their limits.

Since the S13W caliper is slightly wider and a weighs a little more than the S12W caliper, there is no advantage in using the S13W caliper over a S12W unless you want to use a thicker rotor.

I have used a 26mm thick Saab rotor with the S13W caliper on the S30 Z cars, but this requires machining the rotor to reduce its OD.

Is this what you are after ?

picture is off a S13WB

Nigel

yes thats what im after, My S12W measures about 54mm so was hoping there was 2mm between the two models.

I am fitting these to a Toyota and the standard mod is the S12W with a 20 @ 268mm rotor the problem is this rotor needs machining & mounting holes redrilled costing $120.00 extra.

I have located a 24 @ 270 mm rotor with the correct mounting hence no machining, but still not sure if this will fit as the S13w would need to be 56mm,

I have been trying to find a set here (australia) no luck as yet.

What is the weight of the 240Z ?

The toyota is 1140Kg, are people having problems with the S12W setup?

Im now thinking use the 20 @ 268 rotor like people say its overkill anyway!!

Manuel,

• 2 weeks later...
I have been trying to find a set here (australia) no luck as yet.,

are you talking about the S12w or S13W ?

I spent about 5 month chasing s13w on ebay (Australia), very hard to come by, the s12w are a dime a dozen.

I'll be upgrading my 240K with the S13WB calipers and slotted Verada Discs (276x24mm), with MR30 real discs and calipers

Nigel

• 2 months later...