HybridZ

Project unnatural aspiration Part 2

stony

Update: oil cooler/filter relocator is plumbed

Gonna take a break and let all the holes in my hands heal up before i make any more hose :cuss::cry2:

The oil cooler lines will be clamped to the side of the radiator for anyone wondering

DSC02568.jpg

DSC02566.jpg

Next is the fuel system. Have to mount the new EFI pump/filter, mofify the tank with a return fitting and vent along with install a better sump. the -10 hose is allready run to the engine compartment all i have to do is run the return.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got some of the fuel system done tonight :>

All the fuel system needs is a -10 so I can hook up the distro block to the supply line, a -8 return hose routed from the FPR to the tank and a vent line installed in the tank. Next comes intercooler piping and a couple odds and ends for hardware and ladies this thing will be almost ready to start up.

DSC02572.jpg

DSC02571.jpg

DSC02575.jpg

DSC02574.jpg

DSC02573.jpg

For a second there I couldnt figure out why the fuel return line went into the water catch tank :bonk:

Finaly good pictures of that extra water outlet from the intake.

Nice project and pics. Thanks.

HAHHAHA, it took me like 2 minutes of hard staring to figure out that the hose from the Rail was not connected to that 90° bend at the water canister.

Working mounting the intercooler today and finishing up teh tranny cooler and fuel system.

I got the fuel tank out and its a tad small!!!!!! will be modified with a HUGE sump and fitting for a return line and vent

DSC02580.jpg

here are some shots of the intercooler in its location.

DSC02576-1.jpg

DSC02577.jpg

DSC02578.jpg

DSC02579.jpg

• 1 month later...

DSC02641.jpg

DSC02639.jpg

All the welding is done just need to find someone brave enoug to weld on the fuel cell once thats done then it all goes together for a final fit check then the engine comes back out to get the converter installed. Then off to get wired up :mparty:

Line will come from intake manifold and i have no idea what spring it uses. Are you talking spring weight???

TiAL BOV's have different internal springs available, they go by color codes and a PSI rating (not boost PSI), Mine had a 11 PSI (unpainted) when I got it and now use a 9 PSI (white) but, the BOV still seems to hardly open and most of the time air surges out the turbos on low boost (5psi and under?).

More info, http://www.tialmedia.com/documents/w3_tial_bov50_sp.pdf

My guess is you have an 11PSI as it is what is most commonly sold with the BOV, I was just wondering if you had changed it or were running the 11 PSI one without problems. I had never had an issue on my old DSM and its been a bit frustrating thus far.

Thanks

-Chris