Project unnatural aspiration Part 2

stony

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BTW, it sounds like your fuel pump may not be keeping up w/ demand.

I had similar symptoms as you are having, added twin pumps and a voltage booster and viola... solved the problem. Your fuel pressure should not drop off like that, but stay at a 1:1 increase as boost increases. Be careful next weekend ... don't want you to hurt your motor. ;)

Mike

Excellent pump, but notoriously loud... I am sure you won't mind!!

Probably don't have to tell you this, but make sure you have good wiring running to the Weldon pump (atleast 10 gauge) via a relay, as it will require plenty of juice on the big end ;)

Excellent pump, but notoriously loud... I am sure you won't mind!!

Probably don't have to tell you this, but make sure you have good wiring running to the Weldon pump (atleast 10 gauge) via a relay, as it will require plenty of juice on the big end ;)

My downpipe is 24 inches long and im running an open wastegate!!! So yea the pump being loud isnt going to bother me at this point ;>

Little update....

fixed my miss !!!!

The igniter doesn't like getting hot. It may be going bad but moving it to to the firewall away from the engine seems to have fixed it for now.

On the dyno tonight we made 507rwhp at 19PSI. we were baby stepping it up in rpm and we got to 7000 rpm> SOOOO 507 rwhp @ 19 PSI and 7000rpm. tomorrow we plan on finishing the tun to 26 PSI all the way out to 9000 rpm. The engine is wicked smooth now and is running like a top. I cant wait to get it out to the track again !!!!

today last dyno run before going to the track.

Factoring in 30% drive train loss for the glide, Dana 60 and 31 inch tires thats in the upper 780crank HP

the 75 shot on the brake literal smokes the tires on launch and gets 22PSI!!!!!

Clint Dyno Chart_thumb.JPG

Well here are some pics of the engine in it’s final state along with all the other stuff installed for the final dyno tune.

Not sure if the marren pulse damper is doing anything, we bought it before we fixed the fuel problem hoping it would help.

DSC03692.jpg

DSC03693.jpg

DSC03694.jpg

DSC03695.jpg

DSC03696.jpg

DSC03697.jpg

DSC03698.jpg

Well had a very good night tonight.

Started out slow wanted to get a feel for it but by the 5th run i was ready to put the hammer to the floor.

Best run of the night was a 9.33 @ 146 mph

video is loading of one of the almost full boost launches.

Will psot when its done.

th_973145mph.jpg