HybridZ

xforce Varex muffler

jessejames

Hi Just wondering if anyone has heard any good or bad things about the Xforce Varex muffler. It has a butterfly valve in the can that makes the car quiet or loud. Heres a link to a video on youtube.

Do you think the back pressure would be harmful to an engine? I'm in the middle of an SR20 swap in my 73z and I need a quiet exhaust. What do you guys think?

So is it a legal or an availability issue for the US? I didn't see any websites offering it in the US, all were AU NZ only. Looks like a nice alternitive to the manual butterflys that have been around.

Manual? You can get electronic ones here as well man, look on ebay there are all kinds.

"exhaust cutouts" is what you're looking for.

However, the Varex is unique because of the length of pipe and resonators run within the muffler can housing.

I'm not sure if it's legal here, but I think they will ship you one if your wiling to pay for the shipping. My concern is too much back pressure with the valve closed. I know that the muffler reroutes the exhaust fumes but it looks to be very restrictive. What do you think?

I emailed them direct. Below is their response back>>

Hi Thank you for your inquiry.

We don't have any dealers around your area at the moment. So we can't

directly supply you the muffler. But please contact any other dealers on the

dealers section in our website, they might be able to help you out. Or email

mail@bestmufflers.com

Best regards,

Joe Feng

X-FORCE Performance Exhaust Systems

Tel: +61 2 9793 7338

Fax: +61 2 9793 3238

www.xforce.com.au

I'm not sure if it's legal here, but I think they will ship you one if your wiling to pay for the shipping. My concern is too much back pressure with the valve closed. I know that the muffler reroutes the exhaust fumes but it looks to be very restrictive. What do you think?

a lot of standard muffers have re-routed exhaust fumes or baffles that are in V shape or reverse V shape to split or collect the plumes to slow them down, allowing the exhaust to fill the muffler with enough smoke to deaden the sound.

I don't think this would be too restrictive.

If they had a mode that would allow half open, that would be better though. I bet it's possible to wire up.

If they had a mode that would allow half open, that would be better though. I bet it's possible to wire up.

I got the impression that that's how it was. It seems you had to hold the + or - button to get it to open/close fully.

It looks way too restrictive fully closed though. They said it passes 3 times in the outer casing before it exits, and that inlet and outlet holes look tiny!

Mario

I got this response back from bestmufflers.com>>

" hi Joel, we can supply the Varex muffler [double wall tip] for $550 inc p/hWe accept credit card or direct deposit

If you require any other further information please do not hesitate to Contact Us

Thank you for contacting Best Mufflers for your exhaust system inquiry

regards

Chris Myles

Best Mufflers

69 Planthurst Rd

Carlton NSW 2218

PH 0295473511

FAX 0295473522

mail@bestmufflers.com

www.bestmufflers.com "

I wonder how much that actually is in US dollars...?

use www.xe.com

452 dollars, US.

477 dollars, CAD.

here are the various styles, as well:

http://www.bestmufflers.com/Xforce_Exhaust_Systems/mufflers.htm#varex

The last one on the page has a video of the exhaust on an R34, and i think that's the only xForce varex on the site, the rest are just xForce brand.

Looks to be a nissan power window motor that has been insulated a little bit within that box, and attached to a butterfly valve. I wouldn't buy one, doesn't seem worth the price.

• 7 months later...