HybridZ

240Z Euro Tail Light Wiring Questions

I have the euro tail lights on my 240Z. When I hit the brakes the amber section lights up with the other brake light. I want to wire them so the amber is for the turn signal only. I saw this on another Z site.

http://zhome.com/ZCMnL/tech/TailLightsEuroWiring.htm

I was wondering if this is the best way to do this mod?

Have any of you done this to your 240Z? How did you do it?

I have the euro tail lights on my 240Z. When I hit the brakes the amber section lights up with the other brake light. I want to wire them so the amber is for the turn signal only. I saw this on another Z site.

http://zhome.com/ZCMnL/tech/TailLightsEuroWiring.htm

I was wondering if this is the best way to do this mod?

Have any of you done this to your 240Z? How did you do it?

Hey guys,

I just completed the wiring fix. I followed the directions from the website above. I didn't follow the exact wire routing that he did. I followed my speaker wires from the rear up to the drivers side of the dash.

The tail lights work properly now. The top two red sections work as the running / brake lights and the amber section is only for the turn signal/ hazard flashers.

It did take about an hour to do but it is worth it. I get tired of hearing how my turn signals light up when I hit the brakes.

Big thanks to Mark Ross for writing the article.

Oh, like I have a spare hour in the next 2 weeks to do that mod! LOL

Thanks for checking it out for us. I need to do it - but then again, I've been driving around with them working incorrectly for years and got used to the comments. LOL

Pete,

Oh, like you should even be spending any time reading stuff here on Hybridz when you should be out in the garage getting the car ready for the Zvention.

Deadlines, Deadlines, Deadlines.

Less than 2 weeks.

Pete,

Oh, like you should even be spending any time reading stuff here on Hybridz when you should be out in the garage getting the car ready for the Zvention.

Deadlines, Deadlines, Deadlines.

Less than 2 weeks.

You, sir, are correct, of course.

Those pesky thread subscription emails and dealing with some admin issues brought me to the site when I posted that, and then I saw your post from the main forum menu and had to look.

I'll bring the wire, connectors, etc. and we can tackle it in the parking lot in Daytona, eh? LOL

P.S. The engine is still a shortblock on the stand. Call me a procrastinator! LOL Hopefully I will have it together and installed by Sunday evening.

You, sir, are correct, of course.

Those pesky thread subscription emails and dealing with some admin issues brought me to the site when I posted that, and then I saw your post from the main forum menu and had to look.

I'll bring the wire, connectors, etc. and we can tackle it in the parking lot in Daytona, eh? LOL

P.S. The engine is still a shortblock on the stand. Call me a procrastinator! LOL Hopefully I will have it together and installed by Sunday evening.

If your car gets on the road in time, I will be happy to help you tackle it in the Florida Sunshine.

You will need, 2 dual filament bulb sockets and bulbs, about 15 feet of 16 gauge wire, wire connectors and electrical tape. Should only take 30 minutes or so now that I am familiar with the process.

NOW GET OFF THE COMPUTER AND GET THAT Z CAR BACK ON THE ROAD!

LOL!