HybridZ

My first Z

Guest aethelwulf

Guest aethelwulf

Well, I've recently purchased a 1973 240Z. This is my first Z car, and I'm pretty excited about fixing it up!!!! As for rust, it's not too bad, but there are a couple spots that will need to be patched (shocking, I know). It's got an L28 swap with SU carbs from a 70, headers, and exhaust mated to a 77 five speed. I want to tear it down to the body and start with a fresh media blast, and engine rebuild. I'm keeping the L28 for now, but there may be an rb swap sometime down the road. It's going to be a slow process, so don't hold your breath! I plan on doing as much of the work as possible myself, including welding and painting. I'm pretty confident in my mechanical abilities, but the body work is going to be a learn-as-I-go thing. Anyway, on to the pictures!!!

P8253605.JPG

P8253607.JPG

P8253608.JPG

P8253610.JPG

P8253612.JPG

So... couple questions to finish up...

Where is a good place to get shop manuals? I'm also looking for some new air filters.

Also, any good info on tuning carbs would be great, as I've used carbs before.

I actually used the Chilton's manual and this website and the http://www.zcar.com/forums/ website for just about everything. The people here have more info in thier heads than you could get in a book. We are in the process of upgrading the motor too, so its in pieces... www.4moores.com/280z But I went the LS1 route instead.