HybridZ

01 - 05 Civic Si Seats?

Diablo

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has put Civic Si seats in their 260Z? I searched the forum but couldn't find if anyone has ever put these in.

Would they fit? I really need new seats and can't seem to find S2000 seats for a decent price, so the Si seats are the next best thing.

civicSi.jpg

civicSi-2.jpg

Thanks in advance.

-D

That's the best way to do it. If it will physically fit, you can fab, grind, pound, bend, and what ever else is needed to mount them. It all depends on how much work you want to do.

I'm willing to do some work, but hopefully it doesn't involve too much work as I live in an apartment and don't really have a place to work on the car too much.

On a side note, found these seats. Don't know if they're from a 240 or 280 (or are whether it makes a difference if they came from 240, 260 or 280)? The guy live about 250 miles from where I live. How much should I offer him?

e7e1390f.jpg

If you can get those Si seats cheap, scoop them up. I would in a second. My old roommate had an '01, and those seats are about the nicest factory seats I've ever sat in (btw, 5'9"/190lb). I'm keeping my eye out for a set locally.

+1, I would try an actual test fit in the car if at ALL possible..

The Z-car seats you posted an image of appear to be 280 style seats. I cannot recall specifically if they will bolt into a 260, but I am 99% positive that you can bolts the later style seats into the earlier cars easily, and vice versa.. BUT I am not certain. Nor am I certain which style seats your Z came with originally... Does the 260 have seats in it now? If so, check out the mounting brackets. I can see the "ears" on the front of the seats in the picture; those are the "later" style front mounting points, and if the seats in your car have those mounting points then they ones pictured are a straight bolt-in swap. If not, then your seats are probably the type that has "studs" dropping straight downwards from up underneath the seat.. Please forgive me, I haven't worked with 240 style seats NEARLY as much as 280 style, and all the 240 stuff was at least ten years ago playing with my dad's "grey ghost" as a teenager.

HTH. Those civic seats ARE mighty comfy.. very firm and supporting, but DAMN nice to sit in on the long trips, too.

Thanks for the replies guys.

My 260 has some old school Recaro's in it, the bottom has pretty much fallen out and after driving for half an hour I start to get back pains :mad: (getting old I guess :) )

I picked up the Civic seats, they are in mint condition, probably 9.5/10 and they have the red stitching (I heard they were "desirable" to the civic guys). Paid $300 for the set, spend 2-3 hours last night sitting in them watching tv :-D

As for the 280 seats, the guy just wants to get rid of the parts car. I'll offer him $50 for the seats and have him send them via Greyhound.

Seats011.jpg

Ps, the seats are not dirty, the suede looks that way in the pic.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, these seats would not fit, they were too high and were hitting the headliner. Might fit if you mount them on the floor.

Picked me up some S2000 seats, need to come up with a way to mount them though, probably will ask for ideas in a different thread :)

Oct15pic014.jpg

Oct15pic029.jpg