HybridZ

1/4 mile time improves =]

Z U L8R

before at Atlanta Dragway ("commerce") on 22psi /w 100octane unleaded i ran 11.92 @ 125 mph with a 4.11 open diff on street tires (441rwhp/381rwtq)

this sunday we all went to Import Showdown at Silverdollar Raceway in Reynolds, GA (better track than commerce but far as hell). my best pass of the day was

*r/t 2.63 (i just went when i was rdy tongue_1.gif)

*60' 1.996

*330 5.290

*1/8 7.906

*mph 95.53

*1000 10.090

*1/4 11.959

*mph 121.11

That was pump gas at 20psi (415rwhp/359rwtq) . Bottom line, i can't see myself doing any better than high 11's on street tires, with a 3.54 open rear end.

I'm saving up for some better tires/rims

I get just a little of fourth gear in the 1/4 with the 3.54 open, so i would definately like to try a 3.7 lsd out of an 88 turbo 300zx, i think that gear would be perfect cause i'd get some rpm's outta 4th, plus it's the only ratio that's lsd.

I don't know if any of my friends got that pass on video, if i can find it i'll post it. but here's the *bonus* vid.......on the giant treadmill in little tijuana of course :coollook:

there was another run vs iloveboost (470rwhp 03 z06), our run in the vid he misshifted. we did another one, i think i only got him by 2 cars this timelast time was like 2 buses with me and cameraman in my car and him solo, this time i was solo and he had cameraman so he's doing better. his bday is this weekend and his wife is giving him nitrous for it lol

boki and iloveboost were running in front of me and thrust (601rwhp 04 cobra), i yelled to thrust "looked like a good one" he couldn't hear me so he yells "40mph"....i'm like "aiight" we went 40-140, he said i got him by a car and a half. both of us were solo so no vid for that one.

boki (~500rwhp 2005 m3) is the king of excuses, he was actually on a 150shot not a 125. i respect him cause he does all his own work too. that's a damn fast bmw. we raced for dinner so he bought my applebees house sirloin rofl, which he later said he only did to weigh me down ROFL. i was solo he had cameraman.

good times :-D

Dave

hehehe =] , i was solo but i had almost a full tank of gas + a full 5 gallon gas caddy in the car. but the other guy's had passengers so it made it more fair. i never got to use my 100octane cause i got to the track with half a tank left :(

the best tip i got at the track was "STOP KILLING FIRST GEAR, you got a bunch of power, but you're on street tires with an open diff, don't get all in first gear" soon as i did that my 60' went down. it's just hard to slip my frickin clutch. and when you're against an evo or other awd car and that joker launchs on you, your natural reaction is mash the gas to catch up (= spin = lose ) instead of "u better get your launch cause here i come!" lol

lol ya i had to do the same with my honda and even more so because it was fwd..... but god i could never keep up with cars like that cause all i did was spin....

as for the diff... weld that sucker... I cant wait to put mine in... double the traction and all im gonna do is straight line anyway...and its not my daily so its gonna be sweet...I say weld the 4.10 and put it in and see how you like it

hehehe =] , i was solo but i had almost a full tank of gas + a full 5 gallon gas caddy in the car. but the other guy's had passengers so it made it more fair. i never got to use my 100octane cause i got to the track with half a tank left :(

the best tip i got at the track was "STOP KILLING FIRST GEAR, you got a bunch of power, but you're on street tires with an open diff, don't get all in first gear" soon as i did that my 60' went down. it's just hard to slip my frickin clutch. and when you're against an evo or other awd car and that joker launchs on you, your natural reaction is mash the gas to catch up (= spin = lose ) instead of "u better get your launch cause here i come!" lol

havin 4 EVO's ( one monster built by AMS) in the club i know this pain all to well damn AWD:biggrin:

^^^ thanks guys =] we should have some more fun this saturday. i got a bpu supra (so he says i bet he's like 650rwhp) that wants to run me. i got an s14 with an rb26 (450rwhp) that wants to run me, a cammed c6 vette with spray i'm supposed to run, and a c6 z06 that i should be dead even with on all motor but his 125shot > me lol, so i'll post some more vids soon as i can biggrin.gif

damn roger you shoulda came up and said hey lol. i can't find any friends who took video at the track, if you have any passes on video plz plz send em to me, cause when i'm down, it's motivation for me to fix my car. thx man