HybridZ

New Rota's RB-R 17x8.5

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

deff. some nice lookin wheels looks good on the red.

^hey hugh, that air dam you sold me a few weeks ago, i drilled a giant racoon with it like 2 days later. tore up my headlight bucket mounts but luckily i got em fixed th enext day lol.

hopefull ill be going to the sunday cruse,

Rob

What offset are those? Will they clear the fenders , and not require spacers?

It's a +4 offset.

They are not going to need spacers with coilovers. Not sure about the front yet. I have custom made Cobra brakes up front and it makes the wheels sit out a little more.

I will try and put them on a scale this weekend.

Just guessing on the weight I would say they are around 15#.

My mistake. It is the 17x7.5" wide that come only in +45 for now. The 17x8.5" wide are +4. If they were +45's they would have almost no dish! (and yours have quite a bit, I likey)

I'd love to get a set of those 17x8.5" for my 280ZX (no coilovers) but I'm afraid they'll stick out too far and the tire will interfere with the inside of the fender in the front. Kim at Rota is checking on getting 17x7.5 +4 RB's made.

You probably missed my question the first time, so I'll try again. Based on one of the images you posted it looks like the wheel won't fit under the stock rear fender. Is this the case or not? If so, how do you plan on dealing with this issue?

I'd love to get a set of those 17x8.5" for my 280ZX (no coilovers) but I'm afraid they'll stick out too far and the tire will interfere with the inside of the fender in the front. Kim at Rota is checking on getting 17x7.5 +4 RB's made.

Not likely. Your 280ZX is completely different. I test fitted 16x9 front, 16x10 rear on my 280ZX and they did not rub or hit on the inside at all. (+0) They were flush with the outside lip of the fenders. Would almost clear if lowered (camber).

The 280ZX has extremely deep fenders. I ran 18x8 -7 with no clearance problems. Had room to spare in the rear...

I'd suggest 7.5 width front though. My 8 inch wide was cutting it close up front. But in the back of the 280ZX even 9.5 will clear fine on +4 wheels.

Not trying to spam... but... there is a group buy going for those exact wheels in 17x9.5" -19 offset 4x114.3 pattern for our Z's. Right now we have approx 15-16 buyers out of the 25 we need to get that custom size made. Check it out:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=123576

Price, last time I heard, is $750 shipped or $700 if you pickup in Hayward, CA. Lag time 3-4 months depending on factory. The idea is to fit 275/40/17's all around or atleast 275's on the rear 245 or 255 on the front.

PS. Those wheels look great on on that car.

You probably missed my question the first time, so I'll try again. Based on one of the images you posted it looks like the wheel won't fit under the stock rear fender. Is this the case or not? If so, how do you plan on dealing with this issue?

Here's a properly orientated picture showing this issue:

dsc02196mf8.jpg