HybridZ

New Rota's RB-R 17x8.5

I'd suggest 7.5 width front though. My 8 inch wide was cutting it close up front. But in the back of the 280ZX even 9.5 will clear fine on +4 wheels.

Bleach, exactly what I was thinking 7.5 up front, 8.5 in back. But then you can't rotate the tires front to back. The 7.5's are currently +45 offset, so they'd have almost no dish (not to mention a big spacer). Plus 8.5's up front might have too heavy of a steering feel for me. That's why I'm waiting for +4 7.5's.

Sorry for the T.J. dtaylor. I'm really looking forward to the pics with some rubber on them thare RB's :-D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You probably missed my question the first time, so I'll try again. Based on one of the images you posted it looks like the wheel won't fit under the stock rear fender. Is this the case or not? If so, how do you plan on dealing with this issue?

The wheel does look a little close to the fender. When I start my body work I will roll the fender lip in and also pull the fender out some . I have camber plates that can move the top of the wheel closer to the center of the car. That is one reason I am thinking about running a 245-40-17. It is a short tire. Around the same as stock.

i'm curious as well as to;

1. weight of the wheel

2. clearance both front [at lock to the frame rail] & rear [to the fender lip]

3. size tire you settle on. i'm currently running a 245.35.17 on a 17x 8 11/16 wheel with a 4 29/32 [pretty much 5"] backspace. coilovers, rolled rear fender lips and no clearance issues either front or back.

please keep us posted.

dtaylor, you out there....? :cool:

Sorry I've been out of town all week. Went to the Kid Rock concert at the Ryman in Nashville.

I took about a week to get mine. I live in N.C. And they had to order them.

I would call Urbinimport there number is (919)544-2876.

They were very nice and know there Rota wheels...

Bleach, exactly what I was thinking 7.5 up front, 8.5 in back. But then you can't rotate the tires front to back. The 7.5's are currently +45 offset, so they'd have almost no dish (not to mention a big spacer). Plus 8.5's up front might have too heavy of a steering feel for me. That's why I'm waiting for +4 7.5's.

Me too, do you think they'll make them in that size though? I would love to run 7.5 in the front and 8.5 in the back :-)

Me too, do you think they'll make them in that size though? I would love to run 7.5 in the front and 8.5 in the back :-)

Well, Kim @ Rota seems to think they will (notice that the 18racing site has a direct link to Rota's availability page). Who knows how long it will take though. I'll keep us posted as soon as I hear back. I tend to bug them once a month.;)

Well, Kim @ Rota seems to think they will (notice that the 18racing site has a direct link to Rota's availability page). Who knows how long it will take though. I'll keep us posted as soon as I hear back. I tend to bug them once a month.;)

Cool, thanks. I'm not in a hurry, well my bank account is not in a big hurry ;)

I contacted Kim about these wheels and she sent me this

Hi

Contact gtmwheels@yahoo.com

1-650-491-3284.

Kim

I contacted these folks and some guy called me a week later. He said he had several sets on hand. This guy said he thought the wheels weighed 25 pounds.:hs: I said I thought that was a little high and asked if he could measure them for me. He said -sure dude- and I never got another e-mail or the pics I asked for in the hyper black color. If I was more serious to spend I would have persued it further but I just took my family to disney and i am broke:-(