HybridZ
dtaylor

New Rota's RB-R 17x8.5

dtaylor, you out there....? :cool:

Sorry I've been out of town all week. Went to the Kid Rock concert at the Ryman in Nashville.

I took about a week to get mine. I live in N.C. And they had to order them.

I would call Urbinimport there number is (919)544-2876.

They were very nice and know there Rota wheels...

Bleach, exactly what I was thinking 7.5 up front, 8.5 in back. But then you can't rotate the tires front to back. The 7.5's are currently +45 offset, so they'd have almost no dish (not to mention a big spacer). Plus 8.5's up front might have too heavy of a steering feel for me. That's why I'm waiting for +4 7.5's.

Me too, do you think they'll make them in that size though? I would love to run 7.5 in the front and 8.5 in the back :-)

Me too, do you think they'll make them in that size though? I would love to run 7.5 in the front and 8.5 in the back :-)

Well, Kim @ Rota seems to think they will (notice that the 18racing site has a direct link to Rota's availability page). Who knows how long it will take though. I'll keep us posted as soon as I hear back. I tend to bug them once a month.;)

Well, Kim @ Rota seems to think they will (notice that the 18racing site has a direct link to Rota's availability page). Who knows how long it will take though. I'll keep us posted as soon as I hear back. I tend to bug them once a month.;)

Cool, thanks. I'm not in a hurry, well my bank account is not in a big hurry ;)

I contacted Kim about these wheels and she sent me this

Hi

Contact [email protected]

1-650-491-3284.

Kim

I contacted these folks and some guy called me a week later. He said he had several sets on hand. This guy said he thought the wheels weighed 25 pounds.:hs: I said I thought that was a little high and asked if he could measure them for me. He said -sure dude- and I never got another e-mail or the pics I asked for in the hyper black color. If I was more serious to spend I would have persued it further but I just took my family to disney and i am broke:-(

Did you have the time too weight the wheel yet ? Bathroom scale could do since its probly around 25 poundish

Sorry guys or taking soooo long to do this. With the bathroom scale they are 19lb.

Pictures don't show how great this wheels look....:D:D:D

Here they are with 225/45/17. I wanted to do 245 but got a great deal on them... And with no motor in the car it does not matter much. I am sure 245 will clear front and back. Looks awesome to me..

Nice! Out of curiosity did you specify anything special about those center caps? In the past people were saying they didn't clear the hub centers... are you using spacers?

Nice! Out of curiosity did you specify anything special about those center caps? In the past people were saying they didn't clear the hub centers... are you using spacers?

Is the problem the front? I have installed Cobra mustang rotors on mine. And they fit on the outside of the hubs.

Is the problem the front? I have installed Cobra mustang rotors on mine. And they fit on the outside of the hubs.
Yes the problem is the fronts I have the stock rotor setup so without the extra spacer of the rotor like you have they will not fit on.

They look good :)