HybridZ

2JZ in a Z32!

Guest slowz

Hello everyone, new to the boards. I have contemplated this swap for sometime but I have finally decided to take the plunge. I have searched this and pretty much every forum I could think of for some ideas/help, and have come up with very little. If there is any information that you can post or point me to I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

Slowz,

Welcome to HybridZ.

There are a few RB Z-32 swaps, at least one is a member here, "Booztd 3" and runs his own Z-32 forum. He might know of any 2jZ conversions.

WWW.RBZ-32.com

I did find this..

2JZ conversions

Anyone else?

Thank you for the information! I had not found that site. There is some good info. I plan on taking many pictures and will document everything. We hope to get started the first of the year. Any additional help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks again.

• 1 month later...

I am in the same boat... I'm not fnding alot either. Most of the info seems to be Datsun and 240 based info. I just don't think there's alot of people who see the relivance in getting rid of a VG to a 2JZ. I do, but whatever.

I think the main issues to tackle are going to be:

1-Oil sump, because even the stock VG is a tight fit between firewall and crossmember, it might require a slightly modified setup

2-Radiator fitment, that's a long SOB and the Z32 does not have a long engine bay. It may require an angled rad setup between the headlights and definetely an electric fan.

I don't personally invision a big transmission problem but i plan on using an automatic for drag and Hwy, no Xauto for me.

I was hoping someone could dig up a photo, if one is available. That could clear up some issue I have.

Thanks