HybridZ

*Vid* Me getting owned in Mexico lol

Z U L8R

I wasn't trying to be a smart ass, I was hinting at the fact that it takes little from an RB to get to that level, or not as much as it would on plenty of other cars.

Sorry if it didn't come across as well as I had hoped.

it's cool man, thats just the kind of comments that make me never get on our local forum around here. thats just the kind of sarcasm im used too

it's cool man, thats just the kind of comments that make me never get on our local forum around here. thats just the kind of sarcasm im used too

Considering he has an RB setup he is working on, I rather took it that he was sharing some smugness with you over us poor guys who don't have those kinds of wicked power on tap.

update.

clutch is fine, i wanna run z0-sick again with this 4.11 i think with 15 less hp i'll take him, only thing is my little 245/60/14's are down to the tread bar and second gear (unless tires/and street are warm) is gettin a little squirly from a roll on.

240zwannabe: i been thinking 600rwhp also, seems like u'd have to go laggy 35r as far as the garret's go. cams would help it spool a little sooner, and then you could always kick it's ass with a little nitrous muwhahhaha. the gt30/76 looks pretty promising though for 500+rwhp and very nice spool time/power band. it's rated to 525 rwhp, i think that particular turbo with cams and some headwork on c16 could put you around 570-580ish rwhp, it's spool quick as hell. i think all in all if you don't want lag that'd be the best option. right now i'm experimenting with different turbo's but i may end up 30/76 also.

as far as turbonetics go, the gtk650 is what ed@turbonetics was recommending for a clean 600rwhp, but man.....i've seen the gtk500 on a friend's srt4 and it's a big summabich (to me). he hated it, he liked his car more pushing the stock turbo to its max making 100+ less hp because it was just way more fun to drive. however he did compare his gtk500 srt4 to a gt35r srt4 and the spool on the gtk kicked it's ass by about 1000 rpm he said. all in all though i think i'd rather have a 35r than a gtk650, not to mention the gtk cheapest i seen is like 1400, and the 35r retail is like 1200 so you could probably pick one up for around a G if you got a connection.

something interesting i found. lately my boost has been like 19psi then it goes to 20, or 20 then goes to 21. i was talking with george@atpturbo (he knows his stuff) about my set up and before i even mentioned about my boost creep he had said my 38mm external wastegate was a little small for an rb25. he said to go 44mm so i'm either gonna cut the flange and put on a 44mm on the xspower or cut the whole 38mm tube at the runner, and increase the diameter of the wastegate runner as well as the wastegate. just thought that was a little helpful info.

today i'm dropping off the first driveshaft i broke to the driveshaft place to get them to beef it up and put in bigger/serviceable u-joints. cause the rear u-joint on my driveshaft now is starting to have a little play. depending on what they charge me, i may just end up getting the big $400 joker from Motorsport Auto. i guess that's the good thing about running the rb20 tranny =P . however when i DO get this new turbo on my car and i'm making more power....depending on how long this new rb20 tranny lasts me, i might have to step that up too >_<

OH OH OH! ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY

COASTAL 85W-140 in the tranny for teh WIN. it's gl3,4,&5 and it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much smoother shifting. the coastal 85w-140 totally owns the mobil 1 75w-140 and any other 70w-90

take it ez,

Dave =]

We need to start an RB 25 dyno thread with mods and graphs so that people can start to see on their own where certain things make their power..... This would help all of us on turbo selection and how power responds to certain mods.

While on the forums that are centered around cars that are more common a turbo opinion thread would get flamed... there are a rare bit of us in the states who own RB motors so I always take a look to see how I can plan to make more/better power. The last thing I want to say when I am finished with my power/mods is "If I could do it all over again this is what I would do"

just my .02..

-E