HybridZ

Mounting Options Big Oil Cooler & Big Intercooler? Pics

slownrusty

engine-bay-front_126.jpg

I mounted mine right in front. Alive engine > 1 deg cooler air.

Dave

Ok where do I get an oiler cooler and fittings for the L28 (I have an L20 in my Hakosuka) for my Hakosuka? Im going with the old school look with a modern upgrade of fittings and braided hose. I like this look you have...

Terry

I've aways liked the look of the V-mount, and it could very well be done in the large nose area of the Z. what if the rad and ic were in a v-mount setup, with the oil cooler standing perpendicular to the ground where they meet? i think that it would get plenty of airflow, yet only half of its height will affect a small portion of both the rad and ic?

another idea would be just to mount it behind the brake-duct opening on the lip, or if you wanted to get crazy use two of the stock ZXT ones, one on each side with a line connecting them? I would be nervous about having so much oil line out there though...

I've aways liked the look of the V-mount, and it could very well be done in the large nose area of the Z. what if the rad and ic were in a v-mount setup, with the oil cooler standing perpendicular to the ground where they meet? i think that it would get plenty of airflow, yet only half of its height will affect a small portion of both the rad and ic?

like this?

PICT1082.jpg

Please tell me that your rear hatch is open in this photo, otherwise, that is going to create some serious Downforce. LOL.

Yes...The hatch was open for that picture. However, I now have a rear wing installed which does create some seriour downforce.

i'm in a tougher situation than the both of you though...

I have a same side intercooler w/ top and bottom end tanks, so the surface space of the actual air flowing surface is much less. And putting a big oil cooler in front of it would only restrict that access to the ic.

IMG_3498a.jpg

Jesus Barnaby Jones!!!!!. I've seen alot Z's, and I must

say..... F*^kin A! Nice work man! That is some scary looking sh*t!!!

Seeing cars like yours make me want to switch over to an l28

Guest 280ZForce
Jesus Barnaby Jones!!!!!. I've seen alot Z's, and I must

say..... F*^kin A! Nice work man! That is some scary looking sh*t!!!

Seeing cars like yours make me want to switch over to an l28

Thank you... sorry to say it's still not done and back on the road yet. But it's finally getting closer along w/ 'while I'm at it' things I've also done in the down time.

It's so close...damn tedious things left to go.