HybridZ

? rebuild for future mods ????

yogib

New to the Z scene.Thought I would ask you guys and get your opinion.I have a 1979 280zxr that has water in Oil.I thought I would get a Turbo motor and rebuild it.Not turbo it yet until I can afford the turbo,intercooler,BOV,and other necessary parts.I have been seeing people run the Holset hy35 turbo sounds like a good one?When I do get one.Already got a 240sx TB to put on it.Is it just a bolt on mod?Should I wait until I do rest of motor work before installing it.Future mods that I would like to do are Pallnet injector rail,440 supra injectors,high volume fuel pump,regulator,custom 3 inch exhaust (when turboed).Any help appreciated..

I have been researching but there is so much info and different opinions.
Exactly. Everything involved in modifying your car is a trade-off with pros and cons. Since only you know your goals, only you can decide what you should do.

There are many paths you could take in adding a turbo. If you search and can come up with 1 or 2 paths that meet your goals (budget, time, skills, etc) and ask the group for inputs on them, I think you'll find people glad to help. But the general question of "What do you think I should do?" has been asked and answered so many times that no one wants to do it again. Hence the advice to search.