HybridZ

6x2 manifold for sbc

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I'm amazed at the collective knowledge on this site! Maybe you guys can point me in the right direction... I'm looking for an intake manifold for a sbc that will hold six (or four, if nothing else is available) Weber dual choke downdraft carbs in a straight line down the center. Something that would remind one of the Ferrari V12s of the '60s.

Any ideas?

------------------

Jeff Krekeler

Stable Autoworks

http://www.zcarkits.com

Guest Anonymous

Hmmm, six down the middle, might be hard to find, I've seen 3-2's on each side (but they were old 94's). I would check with http://vintagespeed.com , he has every manner of unusual manifold, and if he doesn't have it, he may be able to tell you if he's seen such a animal.

If not, a good metal fabricator could create one probably or mill off the top of a existing manifold and tig on a new carb mount area, wouldn't be cheap obviously.

Might be crowding the distributor with 6 of them though, the 4x2 weber setup is pretty much wall to wall on a chevy smallblock from what I've seen in pictures. Maybe a pair of three barrel webers runing north-south like they used on the 911 Porsche. FWIW.

Lone

[This message has been edited by lonehdrider (edited April 09, 2001).]

Guest JAMIE T

PAW offers the 6 stromburg manifold new from Offenhouser. They also offer a 4x2 manifold for 4 rochester 2 barrels(much easier to acquire) I am considering Inglese 4 webers( not inline though) that is a $3000 set-up. I should easily get that much for my supercharged set-up. Maybe you could consider a TunnelRam base and fab a carb mounting flange for the inline Webers. Maybe even a 3x2 manifold of 2x4 manifold with adapters (that you would have to make yourself) I hope this info is helpful.

------------------

"Forzata Induzione"

Jamie

Hi Jeff and welcome to our little corner of the Z car universe. Nice to have the manufacturer of the famous Isabella replica car pay us a visit.

I don't think I have ever seen a SBC mainfold with six Webers down the middle but the last time I talked to Mickey at Inglese http://www.Inglese.com he had 24 unmachined intake manifolds left that have four Webers running straight down the middle. It uses dual choke IDF type Webers exactly like the early Ferrari's. However, there isn't any room for the distributor so you have to run a special angle drive or front drive type.

Mickey had this setup on his T-Bucket and offered to sell the whole thing to me for $3,000. It looks awesome with eight chrome stacks sticking straight. The whole top of the engine is carburetor.

How about helping with our Ferrari 250 GTO kit questions once in awhile?

Guest JAMIE T

Speedracer, I was pondering that idea as well, I was thinking of using an LT1 longblock sans the FI. This way the distributer is in the front of the engine, I have seen LT1's with carbs in the past, so I know it can be done. You would just have to port the intake to the LT1 heads, no problem!

------------------

"Forzata Induzione"

Jamie

Keith Wilson of Wilson Manifolds out of Florida is known for building custom manifolds...its a known fact that some of his manifolds where rejected by Nascar because his manifolds had too much of a performance advantage.

Definately not going to be cheap; but if that's what you're looking for-call him; a phone call never hurts.

Along w/Wilson's number-here are some other sources you may wish to call & pick their brains...never know who knows who till ya ask/you know these shops gotta network w/each other!

Wilson Manifolds

The Carburetor Shop

Fast Freddies (Webers)

Mikuni America Corp

Dart/World Performance

Herman Enterprises (Intake Stacks)

Braswell Carburetion

Hope this helps; BTW-David Vizard did a comparison against a 650 Holley, 850 Holley & a set of 4 Webbers on an engine-the 4webber set up outperformed the others from start/low idle all the way up to 6300rpm's.

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

[This message has been edited by Kevin Shasteen (edited April 09, 2001).]

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for all the info, guys. Joe Alphabet had the four inline weber setup on his Alpha One GTO (like Speed's) back in '85 when I fell in love with the car. Little did I know then that one day I'd have to buy the company to build the car!

Speed, thanks for the kind words, I'll be happy to answer any questions I can. As you know, the kit car thing is a side business for me, so I'm not online 24/7.

------------------

Jeff Krekeler

Stable Autoworks

http://www.zcarkits.com