HybridZ

Friends 510

nbesheer

So I convinced my friend to buy a Datsun 510. After looking at a few she decided on a daily driven 1972 510 4 Door.

DSCF0345.jpg

DSCF0305.jpg

DSCF0303.jpg

Anyways, the stock steering wheel was all messed up so we picked up a steering wheel off of a Datsun 610

DSCF0347.jpg

And the front seats looked like this

DSCF0346.jpg

So we took the seats from a Datsun 710 and put those bad boys in with the 510 sliders.

DSCF0348.jpg

Those are original seats and have not been recovered, each ones has a small tear but the plan is get them reupholstered some time.

Here's a shot of the engine bay.

DSCF0306.jpg

So far the main plan for the 510 is to get 4-Wheel disc brakes, Power brake booster, EFI, and a 5-Speed transmission.

• 2 months later...

Well it looks like the floor boards are going to need to be replaced. I pulled the dash and mocked up the new one.

DSCF0347.jpg

DSCF0434.jpg

This is the Datsun 710 Dash it seems to fit really well, just need to trim some of the plastic on the edges to make it fit more flush. then find some replacement floor boards/make some and have someone weld them in.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the interior is completely stripped. the only thing in there is the steering wheel, and the dash harness. and we ground away most of the rust off the repairable areas. but left the replaceable areas alone.

DSCF0458.jpg

DSCF0459.jpg

DSCF0460.jpg

DSCF0461.jpg

DSCF0462.jpg

DSCF0463.jpg

DSCF0464.jpg

DSCF0465.jpg

DSCF0446.jpg

We've also removed all trim pieces except for the drip rails... can't figure out how to take those off. all weather striping is removed as well.