HybridZ

Welding Class - Final Project - L Intake Manifold

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also being that Im in metals and have access to a plasma cutter table (and tomorrows last day of school) Im going to design it in the morning and try to get 6 cut out. These will be the flanges that connect the bends to the lower runners.

IMG_1295.JPG

IMG_12961.JPG

Heres some aluminum I got from my grandpa for FREE, he didnt need it and I knew Id use it somehow.... and I did. :)

Guest Hunter
Ok I'm almost positive this is a stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyway because I'm curious.

Looking at those pictures, even with forced induction it looks like the cylinders closest to the incoming air would get the most air the soonest, and the cylinders in the back would get diminishing returns.

Is there a reason most I-6 engines use intake manifolds with this configuration, instead of the air going into a header-like manifold that would get an equal amount of air to each cylinder?

I'm sure this goes into complicated fluid dynamics and such, so feel free to ignore me or tell me to buzz off.

EDIT: Oh yeah almost forgot the important part: those parts look great, Props! Can't wait to see them bolted up to the Z.

How many cylinders are open at any one time to intake air? I am not sure?

Either way the manifold will not be feeding air to all cylinders at any one time. so this should not be a problem.

• 1 year later...

Since putfile.com went under.. I'm updating this post with all the pics throughout the thread in one post..

1128071.jpg

1128072.jpg

1128072.jpg

DSC05502.jpg

DSC05504.jpg

DSC05503.jpg

DSC05505.jpg

DSC05506.jpg

** This is the older design.. since this picture was taken, I purchased an aluminum welding kit for my Lincoln 120v MIG. (Thread and pictures here = http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=147521&highlight=aluminum+MIG )

I cut the runners down and re angled them to allow the plenum to fit so I don't have to use the 180* degree bend.. plus its super ugly with the rubber hose lol

DSC05509.jpg