HybridZ

How Does this 2JZ look?

240Z_478

I am going to be buying a 2JZ at the end of the week and I was wondering if anyone has had any experiance or has delt with this company. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-TOYOTA-supra-2JZGTTE-2JZ-GTTE-TWINTURBO-ENGINE-SWAP_W0QQitemZ330183614643QQihZ014QQcategoryZ33615QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem I talked to the actual guy selling it he says they are all compression and leak down tested before they recive the motors and when they recive the motors again. Any other important questions I should ask him? Also how does the engine in the picture look does it look like everything is there? Thanks for any help

I am going to be buying a 2JZ at the end of the week and I was wondering if anyone has had any experiance or has delt with this company. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-TOYOTA-supra-2JZGTTE-2JZ-GTTE-TWINTURBO-ENGINE-SWAP_W0QQitemZ330183614643QQihZ014QQcategoryZ33615QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem I talked to the actual guy selling it he says they are all compression and leak down tested before they recive the motors and when they recive the motors again. Any other important questions I should ask him? Also how does the engine in the picture look does it look like everything is there? Thanks for any help

Tell you the truth, buying a motor online, from a importer, is a crap shoot, unless of course you know some body in the area that can go inspect it for you in person.

This seller appears to have a good record of selling fairly good stuff.

There is only one guy who has left a neg., and you have to wonder about that one after reading it.

I think the motor set looks pretty good, but, your getting a auto with it though....

I'd ask for larger, better pictures, so you can clearly see what you will, and will not get with the purchase. Its the little things missing that will eat you up money wise (unless of course your going stand alone ECU, and all custom intake side, and turbo side parts) etc.

Anyway, best I can offer is, research, then try to make a good decision....

Yeah I know it is a really tough decision to get one online But I dont really know where I would go to get an imported one or even a american 2JZ. The guy does seem like he has a good record and that was why I was looking into him he has been realy helpfull and very fast response wise. I am also aware I have made arrangements with him to not even have the auto trans sent to me as I will not be using it with my swap. I plan on swapping in the R154 5 speed.

I will be honest with you here. I have delt quite a few times with Japanese supplier from Montreal, Quebec And I believe I know who this one is. I will not recommend you to buy anything without checking it fisrt.

I now deal with this one here in Toronto, which also seems to have great prices.

http://www.acura-parts.net/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=7&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

Check it out,

Dayz

There are quite a few JDm Engine Importers in Texas and California...why buy from someone in Montreal, shipping to you would be VERY high, plus importation taxes, duties and assoc. fees from Canada to the U.S

The only way to buy a used JDM engine is to be there, inspect it and most times they can hook a battery and starter up to it, crank it and do a quick compression test for you. I did this a few years ago, I got a beautiful engine from Japan, and even before I installed it, I went a little further and put new Crank bearings on it. Piece of mind is worth it!

Regards - Yasin

Yeah shipping was $250 for me to a buisness address thoroug them. Was the motor and everything what you expected? it seems they have everything I would like to be checked and this combo is really cheap. I am not sure that I could find one around me that would have one for around the same price range.

The tiger japanese does look like a great website and I have seen a lot of people recomending them. The only problem that I can see is that there motors done have the ecu or a wiring harness. It might be worth trying to find the harness and ECU? I am hoping that I can stick with the stock stuff for a while. So the stock ECU and harness would be really good to have.

Yeah shipping was $250 for me to a buisness address thoroug them. Was the motor and everything what you expected? QUOTE]

I bought the pullout, sold everything but the longblock (I had my own bolt-ons) and it was just what I wanted.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Well I ended up buying the E-Bay one and lets just say it probably wont be a good experiance :cry2: there was some water/oil in the plug holes all the spark plugs were coated in the substance. should i be worried it did not seem to be water more oil than anything maybe the engine was just on its side. The spark plug cover and cam covers were both cracked so it is possible it was just maybe dropped. I E-mailed the guy to see what can be done to fix this.

Well it was not half as bad as I had imagined the engine is in good shape the oil was from the motor being on its side at one point the engine itself looks to be in good shape. The guy was actually very helpful and told me to send him a picture of the broken plug coil and he would send me another one.

The engines tend to get "stacked" on top of each other when coming over the pond. OIl or tranny fluid is common to find in the spark plug holes. Don't be too alarmed when you start it up for the first time and it smokes like crazy. Whatever gunk that has leaked into the cylinders burns off after a few minutes and the smoke clears. That has been my experience with both JDM pullouts I have purchased.

regards,

Mike