HybridZ

subtle z kit

rahail240

hi guys,are there any more finished pics of the subtle z kit out there.found this in the search but would like to see some more just to make up my mind.bought another 240 from california getting shipped to england soon and would like to restore it with this kit in mind.

249440061_thumb.jpg

249440066_thumb.jpg

I was thinking the same....I have this kit for sale as of right now but I have been thinking of keeping the front fenders and air dam to use with YZ flares on my Z.

If you go their site, there are a few more pics with Z with the kit on.

Clive

My car has the SubtleZ fenders and quarter panels. The hood and front air dam started life as the SubtleZ pieces, but I modified them just a bit.:icon56:

2007-zcon-05-0412.jpg

2007-zcon-05-0323.jpg

2007-zcon-04-0748.jpg

The tires on the car are 245/45/16 Hoosiers mounted on 16x8 wheels with a 5" backspace. As you can see, I have room for wider tires. I'm wanting to try some 275/35/15.

My car has the SubtleZ fenders and quarter panels. The hood and front air dam started life as the SubtleZ pieces, but I modified them just a bit.:icon56:

Well you've done a very good job, thats one of the best modded S30 shapes around. Plus it looks like you put it to good use :burnout:

thanks mario and 5.0l for those pics.just what i was looking for.i'm surprised these kits are not more popular.they suit the z body perfect and give you a chance to fit nice wide rims without affecting the lines of that classic sexy shape we all love.cheers boys.

If you look at the pictures that I posted above, you will see that the 245/45/16 tires have lots of clearance. This is on 16x8" wheels using a 5 inch backspace. So obviously, the 245 fits easily on the front. This same tire and wheel combo rubbed the lip of my stock fenders.

Here is a picture of the car before the body kit:

PICT0021.JPG

With the SubtleZ kit, I have about 1.5" clearance up front and 1" in the rear. With the extra clearance available, I lowered the car 1" up front and 1/2" in the rear.

The 275 could be made to work on a 10" wheel if you use the correct combination of wheel diameter, backspace and spring. A 17x10" wheel with 5.5" backspace combined with a 8 inch coilover will allow the tire to fit inside the wheel well with the SubtleZ flares. The key is to get the spring perch above the widest part of the tire.

For now, the 245/45/16 tires fit in such a way that I can lower the car onto the bump stops without fear of the tires rubbing.

I have SubtleZ front fenders with 265/50/15's on 8" rims with 4" backspacing. There is plenty of clearance and I can lower it as far as the coilovers allow with no rubbing.

As far as quality: I don't think you can find fiberglass pieces as fine as John's for less than twice the price.

I have SubtleZ front fenders with 265/50/15's on 8" rims with 4" backspacing. There is plenty of clearance and I can lower it as far as the coilovers allow with no rubbing.

As far as quality: I don't think you can find fiberglass pieces as fine as John's for less than twice the price.

Pics of your car please.....

• 1 month later...

Grim, they are complete fenders.

The fronts bolt on. They will require some carefull fitting and some minor triming. You will need to drill the mounting holes. Use your old steel fenders as a pattern.

The rears bond on and are complete up to the beltline of the fender. Fit and secure them with 2" wide masking tape. Then attach them to the body with four or five self drilling sheet metal screws. The scews act as your alignment pins for bonding. Remove the tape and the screws and glue them on holding them in place with the screws. You may also need to use some tape in places for proper fit untill the epoxy is set. Then remove the screws and finish.

1 tuff z: Thanks. :wink: