HybridZ

My RB25 powered Z31 project

triple B

well i decided to make a thread about my project. it is moving slow as money is always a problem or i shoudl say lack there of. i have torn down the motor and i gotten the motor and such out of the Z so far. once i get the car striped down i am going to begin the body work as i sandblast the subframes and get the urethane bushings in them. then build the motor

so far the build on the motor is going to consist of

CP 8.5:1 forged pistons (86mm bore)

Eagle H beam connecting rods

ACL race bearings

ARP rod bolts and head bolts

Greddy intake manifold

this is what i have bought so far. i am buying a tubular exhaust manifold and a GT35R turbo along with SARD 850cc injectors and fuel rail. i am still decideing on what kind of valves and retainers to get and cams. i have the clutch choices narrowed down.

but i digress here are soem nice build pics :D

zbeforesm.jpg

rb25andzsm.jpg

rb25sidesm.jpg

rb25frontsm.jpg

and now some of the engine torn down

blockonstand.jpg

blocktop.jpg

headoffmotor.jpg

cams.jpg

pistons.jpg

timinstuff.jpg

and the car in various stages of deconstruction :D

vgnointake.jpg

nointake2.jpg

engine.jpg

engienfront.jpg

carfront.jpg

rearinterior.jpg

noheads.jpg

motorout2.jpg

interior.jpg

carrear2.jpg

well i got a long ways to go but i will update as i get stuff done. i hope i get the car at least running ( maybe not road worthy but running) this summer so it can at least get a drivable tune so i can drive it when its ready to hit the road :D

• 1 month later...

well i worked on the car today after not doing so for a while due to the cold. it was warm. i finally removed the transmission and did some work on the 86 subframes i have.

i have to get the front sub frame stripped as i need to sand blast it and have a friend do the modification to the motor mounts so the engine mounts up. i do nto knwo how to weld so he said he would do it and make a tubular exhaust manifold for me as long as he can sell it. he builds manifolds for AMS so me thinks i may have a prototype AMS tubular exhaust manidfold for the Z this spring :D

• 1 month later...

well i got my turbo today

my new precision PT6776

turbo1.jpg

i am waiting on my fuel rail and injectors they are being shipped and my head studs are on the way to

now i just need my head parts and probably new alternator starter and such then i just have to get it mounted in the car :P

well i got my fuel rail and injectors today. i am quite pleased with the quality of the JGY fuel rail. i got the rail and injectors form JGY Customs of atkins, VA they have lots fo good RB stuff so heres a plug for their website :-)

www.jgy.cc

and here are some pics

fuelrailinjectors.jpg

and my 95 lb/hr ( 1000cc) injectors

injectors.jpg