HybridZ

Cross-drilled vs. vented rotors

Guest 240hybrid

Guest Anonymous

240hybrid, the bigger calipers and vented rotors are a big step in the right direction. And as the guys said, dont bother with cross drilled or sloted. Ducting some cold air to them would be a good thing also.

The front brakes handle 70% of the braking work. Deal with the front first and do the rears when you get some extra cash. IMO they can wait.

Jon

Damn, the discs on my 240Z was warped and had to order new ones. I ordered the cross-drilled from VB sour.gif

I should have asked you guys before ordering... Payed big $ (the taxes and custom fees cry2.gif ) I hope they are at least a little better than the old ones...

Originally posted by 240hybrid:

I think I'll just upgrade to 4 piston calipers for now along with the metallic pads and see how that goes.

If you do the swap I highly rec'd KVR carbon fiber pads......can't lose: greater friction/far friendly on the rotors, and less fade! Just a quick .02c! I've got it all on the shelf.Just an option.

Guest 240hybrid

I think I'll just upgrade to 4 piston calipers for now along with the metallic pads and see how that goes. Vented rotors sound like the way to go from the sounds of it. I'll hold off on the rears for now Thanks guys for all the input. 2thumbs.gif