HybridZ

Oh the Horror...the Horror

Well, I got my car back from the shop as a shell of its former self. Here's what it looked like before:

98091017_0eab664d65_m.jpg

Unfortunately, the rings never seated right and the engine smoke a lot. It couldn't pass emissions. I took it in to the shop because I didn't have the time to work on it. Then, after seeing how much power my LS7 Mazda make without blowers, I decided to go in a simpler direction. I decided to take it back home. Here it is:

2084959322_143c979ac8_m.jpg

It's gonna get one of these:

2084169897_4a0a22c3b1_m.jpg

Not that exact engine. That's an LS2 that's going into my Hummer H3 (that's right, I'm putting a Corvette engine in the vehicle with the highest ground clearance of all time-not a great idea, but at this point in my life, I have more money than brain cells). I'll put a 427 LSx in the Z, only with slightly lower compression in case I want to blow it.

Stay tuned.

Dude, You can NEVER EVER slam me for buying cars again! :lmao:

That's gonna be a hole lotta rosie when she's done! :2thumbs:

Mike :cool:

True enuff. I'm starting to see the wisdom of just buying a Porsche or Z06 and being done with it. I wasn't sure why you went with the store bought fast cars a while back, but building your own can be a PITA

• 4 years later...

Hey silicone boy im looking to do the 427 swap to my 71 240z. Can you help me out. I actually have a 383 stroker that i was building. But its on a hold at the moment. So can you give info on all i need to do. Im new to all this

Thanks

Tom

Hey silicone boy im looking to do the 427 swap to my 71 240z. Can you help me out. I actually have a 383 stroker that i was building. But its on a hold at the moment. So can you give info on all i need to do. Im new to all this

Thanks

Tom

Did you notice the date on this thread? Nobody will hold your hand here. Use the search function. All of the information you seek is available by searching this site.

Edited by Miles