HybridZ

Lets see your tailights!

m1ghtymaxXx

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then guy with mustang lights is on this forum not sure of his name but I think his sig says, "Canadian zeds go faster" anyways i had the 82-83 lights and it bugged me so I put these bad boys in

hehe thats me, i got the custom front end, back end is the 79 stockers. i definatly like the creativity with the mustang lights in the rear. props to ya. im with nismo on the school bus lights, but its a cheap way to make the car different

300dside.jpg

Thats the way mine will be done, eventually, using the stock first version S130 lights. Delete the stock number plate light setup, run some sort of (red?) joiner across between the two sets of stock lights and add concealed number plate lights.

there was a company that made an after market peice that linked the tailights like the Z31's even had 280ZX or 280ZX TURBO printed on it.

the part required moving the plate to the bumper instead of its mount..

I don't know who made it or if its still availible but I find it on junkyard cars all the time.

• 2 weeks later...
I did this swap on my 240. Here is a good shot of the rear from the Kit Car Builder artical (warning 56k, big file) http://www.reactionresearch.com/280yz/danjuday/KCB13P29.pdf

This is not a swap for the faint of heart. The rear of a Z32 is deceptively curvy. While (I believe, but have not confirmed) the rear of an S130 is more square than even an S30. Everything below the rear edge of the hatch had to be custom formed to fit the Z32 taillights.

I'd love to see them on an S130. Just bring lots of talent and plan for a bunch of work.

I know this thread is a couple weeks old, but I just joined as I'm looking for a 240/60/80Z to build a project out of.

Anyway, I'm wondering you have a link to the rest of this article I'd like to read up on the rest of that. :)

i like my 82zx tail lights. what i want to know is what models had the center amber/red light bar? and did those cars have different bumpers with recesses for the license plate? i have some ideas...

I think it was previously mentioned that those center pieces are aftermarket. And that also means you'd have to jury rig a new license plate mounting directly to whatever rear bumper you have.