HybridZ

Lets see your tailights!

m1ghtymaxXx

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=129441

Hey cool-- I just figured out how to attach a link. Heres some other pic's of my taillights and the rest of my car as well.

I had already completed my lights when I saw Dan's car, I had also already bought my paint. Strange coincidence? Maybe, Dans car was very inspirational. Whenever I thought I would never finish I would pull up a pic of Dan's car and it kept me moving forward .

John P. (new40z)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is the quality of the back-up light through that smoked lens?? Personally, I don't care too much for it, but the back-up light would be the deciding factor. It looks to me like that lens may tint the color of the light too much for my taste.

Backing up at night is enough fun with feeble lighting from the 80's (or older) and I wouldn't be able to see if it were darkened much. Then again, my night vision plays havoc with me when I have conflicting light and dark areas, so that may just be me.

not mine but here is a couple i like

IMG_511000391.jpg

IMG_520201311.jpg

The second one i really like, would like to do to my Z.

Hey stop the thread.......sod the pretty lights for a moment............ that second ones a 2+2, greatest respect to the owner:cool::cool::cool: wow what a beauty.

Ok carry on.

Nige.

p.s. my lights are just stock standard

phil280zx - I'd have a hard time deciding from here, but I think in person it'd look great with the right accents. If you were using a dark rim with a crome lip, and the smoke headlight covers it might really come together for a good look.

If you were going for those dark accents in other areas the stock tail lights would be kinda obnoxious.

I say go with it. Looks like they use the stock housing so it wouldn't be that hard to replace if you didn't like them.

Gollum, I need to actually do them justice by installing both sides and taking the pictures outside with the entire car in perspective. My Z is two tone, silver over blue. The black lens accent the dark tinting of the bumpers, t-tops and the quarter and hatch windows which are also tinted. I have already installed the smoked front turn signal and side markers. I agree with those that say stock is best and I certainly don't want my to take on a "ricer" image. But, what else can one do in the middle of winter but tinker with the Z while it's hybernating?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i like phils280zxt's lights however in my opinion they would look more appealing with a darker shade of blue or darker color period, plus that bumper has that crome band in it, if that was blk or the bumper was of the color matched type i think it would really come together. but that just my 2 cents. i would like to se the better pics though to form and evan better conclusion on them. good luck, i plan on tinting mine. my 280zx is all black with color matched f and b bumpers