HybridZ

my 1jz 260z

timbo1jz

alright guys, finally got my interior sprayed with a rubberized under coat and also finally painted my roll cage. Just laying down some insulation now and as soon as that is done, I can mount my interior fuse box and get it running. Anyways here are a couple pics.

260zzz225.jpg

260zzz226.jpg

260zzz227.jpg

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wanna say that you could maybe get the whole car done with 1 roll. But if your going to do everything (doors,roof,rear,firewall, ect..) you will probably need 2. I bought 2 but am not finished yet, so I couldn't tell you. It is very time consuming to lay it all down.

I wanna say that you could maybe get the whole car done with 1 roll. But if your going to do everything (doors,roof,rear,firewall, ect..) you will probably need 2. I bought 2 but am not finished yet, so I couldn't tell you. It is very time consuming to lay it all down.

How much weight is one of those rolls?

• 1 month later...

Well, finally got the beast started up!!! The motor runs great even though it sat for over a year. Wiring took a little longer than usual because I am using a painless harness for the interior, but in the end will be better with all new wiring. I have a couple of startup vids that I will post later today!!

Wow, thats a while now since you been working on this. Must be nice to hear it run. I had a question not to throw it off topic but how easy was it to wire up the painless chasis harness? Im in the process of painting my z and creating jz mounts. I will soon creat a build thread fallowing after you and grits. Still undecited to go 1z or 2j. butshould be nice.

the painless harness is a bit of work to wire into the factory datsun switches and such, but its not too bad. its more time consuming than anything. Anyways, here are a couple of quick vids-

?action=view&current=260zzz257.flv

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w178/timbo1j/?action=view&current=260zzz257.flv

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w178/timbo1j/?action=view&current=260zzz259.flv

?action=view&current=260zzz259.flv

• 3 months later...

Sorry I haven't posted recently because I just moved. I got the datsun over to the house now and have been getting a lot done. Currently installed autometer guages in the dash, cleaning up the wiring, bled and finished the brakes, ECT... Almost done just a bunch of little things left! I'll post some pics of the new stuff in a couple of days-

Tim-

• 1 month later...

hey guys, got the dash done finally, after going through the BS of moving into a new house. Still need to tuck up the extra wiring though. Decided to keep the stock speedo to see how well it would work with the 1jz trans cable. anyways, I plan to take this beast for a very short ride this weekend with no hood or doors to see what happens!! Here are a couple of pics-

datsun005.jpg

datsun003.jpg