HybridZ

Camaro auto-x car.

hoov100

ok, so the time has come where me and my brother in law are both building some bitchin projects, he has a 700HP 760TQ NA and 1000HP 1100TQ w/NOS and im building a circle track prepped sbc which is going to power a 79 z28 road race prepped solid axle camaro, ill get pics of both cars the next time i go to storage, but you can expect both cars to be driven on the street running pump gas...:flamedevi

BBC

P1010301.jpg

P1010214.jpg

P1010298.jpg

projectmotors.jpg

somewhat built small block.....

projectmotors008.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

alright, no news is good news right? the small block is being run in a friends race car tonight at havasu speedway and well nobody has called me to say it blew up! but hopefully i can get one of the race cars out of the garage so i can bring home the 79 and finally get some pics of it.

• 3 weeks later...

well the car is finally in the garage!! and with 1/4" of bondo for a small dent, but thats what the wire wheel is for right? well here are some more pics...

DSC_3406.jpg

DSC_3404.jpg

DSC_3403.jpg

DSC_3402.jpg

DSC_3401.jpg

overall quite a lot of work to be done, but i should be able to finish it in a couple months...

alright, new skin is on, now all i have to do is make fasteners to hold the trunk on and make some frames for the fiberglass doors, then just mount the front fenders, trim the hood and put a nose on it, then fiberglass everything smooth. that and put some homemade control arms on it.....

DSC_3440.jpg

DSC_3441.jpg

DSC_3444.jpg

DSC_3446.jpg

my supposed helpers who stand around an drink.....

DSC_3446.jpg

big f-n rear brakes!!!!!DSC_3447.jpg

DSC_3448.jpg

ok doors are kinda mounted, well atleast one is, dont worry the pin is stronger then the door, but amazingly is how easy things where once we figured out how to go about making road race doors, well that and we finally mounted the trunk lid, we bought a 22 gallon fuel cell. and i have the seats, but i have to mount them...

DSC_3464.jpg

DSC_3467.jpg

DSC_3468.jpg

DSC_3469.jpg

DSC_3470.jpg

new "secrete" upper tubular control arms.

DSC_3461.jpg

oh and heres the 9" ford housing i scored for $50 at the junkyard..

DSC_3460.jpg

alrightt, after a week of screwing around i finally got the hard crap done!!!

DSC_3476.jpg

one of these things is not like the other.......

DSC_3477.jpg

DSC_3478.jpg

gotta love a 360* splined quick release...

front suspension is apart for rebuilding... (hoping for tubular lower control arms!!)

DSC_3481.jpg

the upper control arms that "dont exist" in other words a set of custom upper control arms...

DSC_3482.jpg

and yes the bike is still around..

DSC_3484.jpg

ok another day another bunch of crappy pics...

our "hi tech, 300mph 40g approved craftsman racing seat"

DSC_3496.jpg

but i felt it somewhat necsasery to remove the dash and replace the M/C's along with all new wiring.

DSC_3493.jpg

DSC_3494.jpg

DSC_3495.jpg

and another batch of some goodies!!! (their is some more, but i cant find it)

DSC_3492.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

ok the old camera took a dive, and well not much progress has been made in my mind anyway. (i didnt take these pics as they are pure crap)

7.jpg

fuel mount isnt very safe, but i have almost no say in that department.

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

woohoo!

3.jpg

2.jpg

for the amateurs driving the car.

1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

oh yeah, nothing broke on the car at the autocross, except for the power steering resevoir started leaking, but other then that it still lives! might be getting a new posi instead of a spool and we will me putting in a steering quickener and maybe a front body too.

• 6 months later...

alright, little update, we found are getting a one piece fiberglass camaro front body section for it, we found the brake bias problem to be that their is no balance bar between the two master cylinders, so we are going to go order one, hopefully if money comes up, we can order a bolt on 4-link for the rear end and convert to coils in the back. i am also attempting to get a fabricated coil over/control arm setup from an ARCA type race car. nothing really else happening, i might be putting it on the street though!

• 3 months later...

album has been updated and a crap load of new parts are going on the car this year, j-bar, some more rollcage stiffening, steering quickener, built full manual valve body TH350, electric fuel pump, custom front clip, fabricated firewall and even more motor set back, big rear sway bar to match the huge front sway bar, custom adjustable upper control arms, x-piped exhaust, window nets, brake pedal balance bar and hopefully an eaton posi.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...