HybridZ

2jz anybody?

240zwannabe

bought my 2jz yesterday and in the purchase i also recieved an extra 2jz complete block and head. if anybodys interested i'll sell it $200. i know this isn't the for sale thread but i thought it'd catch more interest here

edit: i also recieved an auto tranny i'll sell it for $100

The 2JZ-GE engine IS NOT the TT engine, FYI for the people who ask.....the 2JZ-GTE is the TT version.....sorry I didnt read all the replies it was already answered

there is a gte and a gtte...the gtte is the twin turbo not gte, hence the number of "T's".

sorry i havent been able to check the forums, the tranny is a 30-40LE made by Aisin

Please, stop misinforming everyone... There is NO single turbo 2JZ. The JZ engine family came in the following variants:

- 1JZ-GE with and without VVTi

- 1JZ-GTE twin turbo

- 1JZ-GTE VVTi single turbo

- 2JZ-GE with and without VVTi

- 2JZ-GTE twin turbo, with and without VVTi

No TTs in the engine type (Toyota uses a single "T" for both single and twin turbo), no single turbo 2JZs, period. Please, READ before you post.

GODCHSR, indeed, the A340s used in the NA and turbo Supra are the same trannies. The difference is in the manual trannies - the NA uses the weaker W58 (Lexus 2JZ-GE non-VVTi cars use a slightly different - and stronger - W58s), while the TT has the bombproof Getrag V160.

there is a gte and a gtte...the gtte is the twin turbo not gte, hence the number of "T's".

sorry i havent been able to check the forums, the tranny is a 30-40LE made by Aisin

engine wise you might be thinking of the 7M-GTE which is the MKIII Supra with a single turbo.....

I was wondering if you'd be so nice to help me by measuring that tranny for me? :)

I am trying to get the specs for how much, if any, cutting will need to be done on my Z32.

Not to be picky BUT, I was hoping to get a few measurements:

Total length

Bell width

and then a more complicated measurement... at what length from the bell does it reach it's 'tunnel' size?

And what is the tunnel size? Height and width.

Thanks and sorry, I am thinking about keeping the stock 2JZ auto when it comes in but if I can't fit it I might go with the TH350 instead. since I'd be forced to do mod work anyway. You get my point I'm sure.

I was wondering if you'd be so nice to help me by measuring that tranny for me? :)

I am trying to get the specs for how much, if any, cutting will need to be done on my Z32.

Not to be picky BUT, I was hoping to get a few measurements:

Total length

Bell width

and then a more complicated measurement... at what length from the bell does it reach it's 'tunnel' size?

And what is the tunnel size? Height and width.

Thanks and sorry, I am thinking about keeping the stock 2JZ auto when it comes in but if I can't fit it I might go with the TH350 instead. since I'd be forced to do mod work anyway. You get my point I'm sure.

hey, sorry man i havent been on here much lately i just started back at school and everythings crazy. i can probably get the measurements this weekend if you'd like it's down at my dads office about 30 minutes away. if you pm me i'm more likely to see your requests