HybridZ

Install Kit

BurnMac42

Is there an install kit for the 2JZ-GTE like there is for the RB motors???? I am comfortable and familiar working on the 2JZ motor however I have never had to fabricate parts before. I would have a shop do it but I am worried that I would measure wrong, etc.....Pretty much that is the only hick-up that worries me about doing a 2JZ swap would be the mounts that need to be fabricated.....

It would be great when someone or a company could make a bunch of mounts for the 240/260z.

I live in the Netherlands and also going for a 2jz-gte transplant, but that is still planned for late 2008 to begin.

I would be lovely when someone can fabricate mounts from aluminium, just like the AZC mustachebar etc.:icon14:

Guest allight
Literally just came across this:

http://www.betamotorsports.com/products/index.html

Scroll down, second from bottom

things i dont like about this. not centered and inline with diff but this should not be big problem . car has to be like factory strait .welds to bottom of rails,heavy and needs toyota mounts.shifter could be in wrong place because cross mount only fits in the one place.there are lots of options for gearboxs, and shifter not in same place all the time.also i looked at import 2j and i think mounts are not same as supra could be wrong. might also have to find some that aresame is this for supra or import

esier to make top rail mounts.$20? and jag rubber is $30.and car dose not have to be perfect strait .where teh engine mounts better started from wher the shifter goes. i thinkthe installfor dummies is better way to go

the mounts from betamotorsports are the same ones that I know another user here is having installed on their Z so I guess we cna just wait and see how the work on his car :)

I wonder how well that bar would do with a 500+ hp motor torquing over.....

things i dont like about this. not centered and inline with diff but this should not be big problem . car has to be like factory strait .welds to bottom of rails,heavy and needs toyota mounts.shifter could be in wrong place because cross mount only fits in the one place.there are lots of options for gearboxs, and shifter not in same place all the time.also i looked at import 2j and i think mounts are not same as supra could be wrong. might also have to find some that aresame is this for supra or import

esier to make top rail mounts.$20? and jag rubber is $30.and car dose not have to be perfect strait .where teh engine mounts better started from wher the shifter goes. i thinkthe installfor dummies is better way to go

I don't think your concerns are valid. The stock L6 is offset to one side also, you unquestionably will have some latitude moving the crossmember fore and aft if need be. This will allow you to compensate for the car not be "factory straight" and even for different shifters. With the engine only a half inch off the firewall you aren't going to have too much wiggle room for different trannys regardless of the mounts.

If someone has a the mig needed to weld that thing in, they will undoubtably have a hammer and maybe torch needed to compensate for a warped chassis.

Yah, John from Beta motorsports is currently building me a 2jz crossmember for my 1jz swap into my 74 260z. He really knows his stuff and it helps me because I already have 2jz factory mounts installed on my 1jz from when I ran this motor in my Supra so I won't have to use those Jaguar mounts and brackets because I don't like the way they mount.. The 1jz and 2jz mount identically the same besides that the 2jz is about less than a 1/2" taller. Should work great!!! I can't wait!!!

things i dont like about this. not centered and inline with diff but this should not be big problem . car has to be like factory strait .welds to bottom of rails,heavy and needs toyota mounts.shifter could be in wrong place because cross mount only fits in the one place.

Say you're sorry... :-)

If you look under a left hand drive S30 you'll notice the differential is offset to the passenger side of the car. In fact, with the R154 transmission (5 speed) in a early S30 chassis the 2JZGTE engine is still about 1/2" too far to the left to be directly in-ine with the rear diff.

With the R154 trans the shifter is centered in the shifter hole on a later 240Z.

the mounts from betamotorsports are the same ones that I know another user here is having installed on their Z so I guess we cna just wait and see how the work on his car :)

I wonder how well that bar would do with a 500+ hp motor torquing over.....

Im wondering the same thing. My NA-T will be pushing around 4XXrwhp on t67 and the torque will have to be more with the R154. Will the misalignment with the differencial cause any serious problems?

I can tell you for sure that if you have the later round style liquid filled 89+ motor mounts on your 7mgte then it will for sure bolt up as it is the same mounting as a 2jz. You can actually use the 2jz mounts on a 89+ 7mgte, but you have to grind away on the dowel pins on top and then they fit perfectly. The only difference is that the 2jz mounts at the bottom bolt are thicker that the 89+ 7mgte bolts. So the 2jz mount bolts use a 19mm nut as the 7mgte bolts uses a 17mm nut. The 2jz mounts are a lot more solid then the stupid liquid filled 89+ Supra mounts. but yes a 7mgte with the later style mounts will bolt up.

• 2 weeks later...
I can tell you for sure that if you have the later round style liquid filled 89+ motor mounts on your 7mgte then it will for sure bolt up as it is the same mounting as a 2jz. You can actually use the 2jz mounts on a 89+ 7mgte, but you have to grind away on the dowel pins on top and then they fit perfectly. The only difference is that the 2jz mounts at the bottom bolt are thicker that the 89+ 7mgte bolts. So the 2jz mount bolts use a 19mm nut as the 7mgte bolts uses a 17mm nut. The 2jz mounts are a lot more solid then the stupid liquid filled 89+ Supra mounts. but yes a 7mgte with the later style mounts will bolt up.

^^Will the later style mounts mount up to an older engine?