HybridZ

Which clutch disc do I look for?

Dallas J

I have a 73 240z with a 2.8l and 5speed from a 75. The clutch in it is slipping and with my other project I can afford to buy a better clutch. What disc should I be looking for?

The auto parts store was saying something about a 75 2+2 and a ZX, each one having a different clutch diameters. Being a 240z newb, Im not sure which to get.

I want to be able to just get a disc to swap in (just a quick $50 fix) until after I finish my SM DSM, then I can figure out what I want to do with the car.

If the flywheel is from a 2+2 you will most likely have a 240mm flywheel and need that clutch disc sized for it. If it was from the 2 seater it is most likely a 225mm flywheel and need the clutch size for it. The pressure plates also have different bolt patterns depending on which flywheel they bolt to. The only way to know for sure is to tear it down and match it with the clutch disc you need either through pictures or at a parts store. With the mix and match setup you already have that is the best advise I can give. Or if you have enough cash buy both clutch disc and return the one that wil not work with your setup.