HybridZ

3 T56's on Ebay

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

1 is a new unit for a Viper...now at ~$2000.00, One unit is from a '93 vette ~$700.00, Last unit is from '98 F body..~$800.00. I bid on the 2 latter trannys but I was quickly outbid. They expire in a couple days. Check it out.

SpencZ

Guest RyalC

The '98 and newer T56s are different than the earlier units. The bellhousings are different (the LS1 has a different bolt pattern), the clutch is different (push vs pull and DEFINATELY not interchangable), and I believe the input shaft is also different. I have also heard the unit seems to be more fragile. Borg Warner no longer makes the T56. I think it is built by Tremec and assembled in Mexico for GM.

Nope, Mine came out of a 95 Firebird and was equiped with the older style bellhousing. Spencz, you will have to use the newer style block for it to work....

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

Guest Locutus

If I remember rightly, I believe Mikelly, used a later t56 and bought a bellhousing to fit the early 350's. He would be the person to ask about this conversion since he has a T56 hiself

Hello all, I am a new member and just starting my 260Z V8 conversion. I highly recommend this business/site as I bought my engine and T56 transmission from him. I hope

I'm not breaking any rules here.

http://www.hpsalvage.com/

The engine and transmission came spotless and well crated. I received every nut, bolt, sensor, and bracket a total package for both the LT1 and T56. Naturally, both have a guarantee - not bad for used equipment and from a salvage yard! In addition, the mileage and year is documented on the parts.

I also felt I got a fair deal and did not get taken advantage of. Also, I got help on my conversion after the sale, imagine that.

Well, that's my two cents and nice to be part of this group - lots of fun work to start.

Dan