HybridZ

You guys need to check this site out!!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey!,

I just found a site that's REALLY cool! It's a "design studio" for transmission and rear end ratios...it lets you input your trans and diff gears ratios and tire diameter, then it tells you your rpms and speed in each gear. It works using java somehow and you just mouse over the graph to get the results. REALLY SLICK!!! AND!!! It's designed for Zcars...it has all the rear end ratios for the stock R180 and R200 differentials. But you will have to put in the tranny ratios manually for the GM trannys. Here's the site...

http://www.geocities.com/z_design_studio/

Lee

Accorkding to that little gadget, my car will do 245mph at 5990RPM..... WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Big factor is weight, aerodynamics, HP, weather.

Interesting little bugger...

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

Guest Anonymous

Ha...I just put in the numbers for my proposed setup and it says I'll make it to 57 mph at 6000RPM in 1st,86 in 2nd,118 in 3rd,153 in 4th,206 in 5th, and 306 in 6th. I would think that the numbers up through 4th gear are easily achieveable and possibly that 206 in 5th is realistic, but none of our cars will ever see 300 MPH...that is OK with me. I especially like the 70 MPH in 6th gear at 1374 RPM!!

SpencZ

The other factor to figure in is the changes in actual tire diameters between brands...

I'm gonna upgrade my wheels to 15X10 in the rear and run a Yokohama 285-35-15 in the rear, and a 255-45-15 upfront. But for now I'm stuck with 265-50-15s in the rear and 225-50s up front. That combo is still gonna push some serious numbers with the 3.7 and the T56.

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

Guest Carlissimo

Mike,

I have 265/50-15s on the back with 9" wheels and 245/50-15s on the front with 8" wheels.

What size wheels do you have with your tires ?

I was thinking about getting some 225/50-15s for my front but am not sure if they would be too small for my 8" wheels.

Carlo