HybridZ

T56 Questions

SuperDan

• Administrators

Ok, I found a t56 in Texas shipped to my door complete with everthing for $1700 so im in. Local San Diego yards want $2200 and I have to go pick it up!

Since the link to Mikes nice write up on installing it has dissaperd and I never read through the whole thing frown.gif can you guys that have done it or doing it tell me what some of the pitfalls and trouble areas are? Iv'e heard about having to modify the rear xmember but are you guys scratching your heads over anything else? My car is a 78 and I know the tranny tunnel is supposed to be a little wider so im hopeing for haveing to do the minimun amount of hammering on the tunnel. Oh BTW, yes Mike im going to be using the JTR mounts this time tongue.gif

Thanks guys

------------------

Dan "I need bigger tires" Porter, 78 280Z, 383, 475hp, 700R4 Move outa my WAY!!!

http://24.4.88.44/members/dporter/DanZ.html

• Administrators

Cool! Thanks Mike.

Also, does anyone have the part# for the Tilton master cylnder that is needed for the clutch setup? Is it available from Jegs or Summit?

Thanks.

------------------

Dan "I need bigger tires" Porter, 78 280Z, 383, 475hp, 700R4 Move outa my WAY!!!

http://24.4.88.44/members/dporter/DanZ.html

Mike,

I'm also putting in a T56. Can you also send me the information and pics on installation.

What brand clutch did you use? I have the factory issue and its in good shape but I've

heard it just ok in performance.

I had my first ride in a ZZ4V8 "Z" two weeks

ago and WOW. The power and "throw you back

in the seat" force is Unbelievable". I even

got to drive it - Thanks Rob and MikeK

I'll send everything to Superdan and let him post it here on the site under Tech.

As for the clutch kit, I used the Centerforce Dual Friction unit and the Centerforce SFI flywheel. Cost of the clutch kit is $515, and the Flywheel is $260.

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

[This message has been edited by Mikelly (edited March 28, 2000).]

74-875U was the part number on my 7/8 tilton

MC.

There aren't any real pitfalls, just make sure you got the right clutch/P plate for your block and the right starter for the 153 tooth flywheel.

Mine is in a 73 and only needed slight hammering of the tunnel wall, no grinding off the fins on the tranny sides.

Had to cut 2 inches out of the center section of the Xmember bar.

Cut off the skip shift solenoid and thats it.

Owen

------------------

http://www.homestead.com/s30z/index.html