HybridZ

Vacume Assist Clutch???

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I was reading the latest R&T on the Porshe 911 (or is it 998) turbo and the article said that the clutch has a small vaccume assist unit to make the clutch very light to the foot and the travel distance very small. Could this be done on a Z? What is the smallest master brake assembly available? I was thinking Yugo but I'm sure the master cylinder has to be bigger. How about taking a bigger master cylinder and combining it with a very small vaccume unit? Has anyone every heard of this before? It sounds like a doable proposition but probably only my my warped head...

SpencZ

Guest Anonymous

SpencZ,

I'm sure that it can be done, but the first concern that comes to my mind is if you would have enough room to bolt the brake booster and clutch booster side by side on the firewall. Because there's not much room between the brake booster and clutch master cylinder as it is, ya know? But if you do it then let us know how it works.

Lee