HybridZ

Anyone use the McKinney Motorsports SR20 mounts?

mattyice

• 2 weeks later...

I called up McKinney, these guys are great, i told them im purchasing a ton of sr20 swap parts in the upcoming months and they were very very insightful on the whole process and said they could work out a discount since im buying so many parts, they would make an entire kit and mark it down. Really looking forward to doing business with them

• 3 months later...

i had good luck with mine, but had to shave them a bit to fit right...

I was gonna give my money to the Vildini guys, but I guess I wasn't good enough to get an email response with a quote. The McKinney stuff was good, cheap and shipped super fast. Great experience.

http://blacklinux.com/pages/public/cars/Z/20091204/default.htm

IMG_1526.JPG

IMG_1532.JPG

IMG_1528.JPG

IMG_1533.JPG

a simple response would have been... professional. My experience in shopping for an SR cradle for my Z is totally relevant to the thread despite not being in your favor.

I've got another friend over here using the McKinney mounts for his RB26 S13 and they fit just perfect. DO IT! :-)

Out of curiosity, who sold the cradles first?

Vildini or McKinney?

Whoa, Mike. That's a little uncalled for. The guys at Vildini are really cool. I'm sure they meant no harm.

I'd never heard the McKinney mounts needed to be shaved down like that. You sure you put them in correctly?

My car has the Vildini mounts and its damn nice.

The poly mounts from McKinney will not work on our cradle. We have been using the stock style 240z mounts for over 4 years on our 240z and it has gotten mostly all track abuse and there is no slop in the mounts at all. We purchased them brand new from the dealer and are still going to continue running them.

The same mount is used on all the SR20 powered cars we have built.

definitely put the mount in right. even tried it the other way just to be sure, but stuff was waaaaaay off the other way.

As far as my comments being uncalled for, I'm just stating my experience as it was. I got a much more professional impression out of McKinney than Vildini based on the customer service I received via email from both of them.

Guess they spend less time posting on forums trying to save face, and more time taking care of their customers.

Again, just my experience though. My friend Joel in San Diego said he had a really good experience with Vildini and his car looks absolutely professional. He's got the gunmetal S30 with the 240SX dash.

I'm pretty sure vildini would be much better to deal with for people in the US, and they are probably pretty cool dudes.

I still don't get how posting a valid, actual experience (good or bad) is "uncalled" for, isn't that the nature of web forums? People looking for other people's experiences and perspectives on things?

• 4 weeks later...