HybridZ

Mike Kelly's Zcar Project

In Zcar news I am picking up the motor from Jamie at RiverCitySpeed on Friday.

In Corvette news I have found I am NOT a Corvette fan... I AM a Grand Sport fan... This thing is a beast!

I can only imagine... Such an amazingly well sorted chassis. I bet it's a blast.

Couple things I will say about LS Build 2.0...  Jamie Taylor ported the hell out of those heads... They turned out very well.  And... Head drains... I now have FOUR head drains... 2 in the front and 2 in the rear. Jamie expects this motor to make 500 Wheel HP at a minimum.  We'll see sometime this winter.

Mike, you should be careful with that winch.....that cable could snap and cut you in half.  I've seen it happen.  That's really dangerous.  Maybe you could lay a rug or something over the cable?  It's under 2000 lbs of tension and could whip back cutting everything in its path in half.  It's really dangerous.

Sorry.....couldn't resist.   :-)

Edited by jhm

Hahahaha

That guy... Ugh...Car probably weighs 1500# as it sits with nothing in it.  It's essentially a SHELL with a cage.  That guy just wanted to be Mr. Helper and Capt. Assh-at.

Moved the car into the lift bay and I expect to start on the project in earnest in about 1.5 weeks.  We'll see how she goes back together... HOPEFULLY we'll have a running car before thanksgiving.

Edited by Mikelly

Ordered a set of comp-cams upgraded LS trunions for the LS3 rockers.  Going to install those before I get to carried away.  Still need to find some tight clearance -10 90 degree hose fittings for the head drains... Then I'll be ready to button up the lines on the motor...I may actually do this on the daily driver Grandsport as well.

Edited by Mikelly

I have a bunch of different AN catalogs I would be happy to look at. Usually it would be NPT to AN, male both sides. Does it have NPT, o-ring or ???? where he has put the fittings in that are there now? If you have room, you could remove those and replace with a 90 for a much closer fit.

Edited by jpndave