HybridZ
tay-fu300zxtt

My next project Vk56de titan engine in a Z32.

Well lets see, VK56DE project has a few minor issues...

1- the VK56DE is EXPENSIVE.

2- NO I MEAN NO aftermarket support for it.

3- Its a great engine.... But its better suited to the trucks, my dad has a Titan, its quick for a truck, but its VERY low end power not much past 4K.

I disagree about the aftermarket support. I have seen way more parts come out for the 56 over the 45. Yes everything for that is expensive but any kind of major swap into a Z32 is.

I have installed a stillen supercharger with secondary injectors and the piggyback that came with it onto a customers QX56, and I have to say that it kinda scared me on the road that something that big could move the way it did.

I am all for the swap. I know it would be awesome. After seeing the RB26 swap on RBZ32 that tayfuu did I have confidence that the 56 should be no problem.

Remember this site is about thinking outside the box.

GO FOR IT!!!:-P

I dont mean as no aftermarket support for the VK56DE in general. But For the VK56DE swap. I know there is no support for the VH either for swaps. But there is more support for it than the 56. I love both engines. I find both to be MONSTERs... but to me the VK56DE is what the Big block is to domestics... I will stick with my small block engines.

This adapter should be for the VK56 to 6-speed from what I've seen. It does say 5-speed but I believe this adapter was made for that guy running the VK56 in the drift 350Z. Looking at the pattern, I'm pretty confident its for the newer 350Z 6-speed... I'd double check though.

http://www.wilcap.com/webdoc2.htm

NissanV8-v63.jpg

After meeting with some experts this weekend and showing them my research.. I came up with more aftermarket mods for a vk56 than a vh45. They agreed for me to do the vk56de swap. Also on another note some guy is gonna run a LS1 computer with his vk56de,he said he was going to set his up for paddel shifting..

PS

I use to own a '06 titan .. it was not stock. It was the best and fastest truck i ever owned just sucked down gas too much 12.3mpg highway.

:mparty:

Guest ecKo.

i have a 350z 6speed to going on to a 1uzfe vvti

any know where i could find a yoke for it ive had no luck anywhere

or dose anyone know if a yoke out of a different car would fit by any chance

cheers

Your going to use the 350Z 6 speed? If so why? It's a POS if you ask me. Even the updated ones are kind of shaddy. They aren't a bullet proof tranny thats for sure. Wouldn't you be better off building an adapter for say a T56?

Guy

I see your point! and your probably correct on that from a strength stand point, Butt!!!!!!!!! cost is always a Factor!

First, we are just building the Adapter plate not doing the engineering, second this swap is expensive enough as it is, and if the person has the transmission already this helps to reduce the cost of the swap!

Kevin

I see your point! and your probably correct on that from a strength stand point, Butt!!!!!!!!! cost is always a Factor!

First, we are just building the Adapter plate not doing the engineering, second this swap is expensive enough as it is, and if the person has the transmission already this helps to reduce the cost of the swap!

Kevin

Well after the 2nd or 3rd tranny that you grenade you'll probably wish you spent time on an adapter for a decent tranny.(I'm not being argumentative, just trying to help...I'm a Nissan tech and seeing these trannys not even hold up to the 350Z's power would make me wonder how its ever going to hold the TQ of the VK56)

They are a very cheap tranny, we don't have to send them back to Nissan so we just throw them away or give them away if someone wants them. When I was at training last summer one of the instructors was telling me how even the best techs have a hard time rebuilding these trannys because most of the parts can be flip flopped and fit but wont actually work if it's installed backwards. He also said in his opinion its way over engineered with too many parts which also makes it a PITA to rebuild. We also don't rebuild them because the parts from the old tranny don't work in the new "counter measure" transmission so they just have us replace the whole thing.

I would still love to see this car in action! And would love to see how the tranny handles the abuse! Who knows you may never have a problem!...

Guy:biggrin: