4.4 liter V8 (300HP) & 6 speed

Titanium silver w/ black leather & aluminum interior

E59 M5 Differential (3.15 LSD), axles & sway bars

Eibach springs & Bilstein shocks.

20/25 mpg city/hwy

Now has 149k miles & going strong!

49M-540I-b.jpg

49M-540I-a.jpg

Geo Metro... 60+MPG. It will take WAYYYYY too much effort to make it fast with the 1.3L 3 cylinder. That way you save your gas money AND insurance money for your Z. Pick one up for $750 and drive it. I'm tempted to do it to save my Frontier from commuting to college 60 miles every day(and spend 1/4 the gas!!!).

When your done with it, sell it to the scrap yard for $100.

That leaves like 5 grand for your Z car!

I'm considering the same thing, though more likely a CRX HF or something honda with a lean burn engine.

Right now I daily drive a 75' 280Z that's getting around 17-20mpg and is a complete blast! Unfortunately if I DO get a different daily driver then I'll be on the hunt for a 240Z, and who knows what that'll mean for the 280Z. Either gonna become a parts donor, or sold to fund the 240Z.

mjs2008=117.jpg

It looks better now, I promise.

My daily driver was a '76 Ford Maverick, 250-6cyl, C4 auto.

l_bc6a9716246298d8e5f957502c2546ee.jpg

Then the good lord decided I didn't want it anymore.

l_86d8790c99d577e3cb11358e17501dbe.jpg

Came over the crest of a hill in the morning on my way to school, got blinded by the sun, couldnt see the logging truck untill I was so close he blocked out the sun, hit him doing about 45.

l_ce753c1860ff62285f18654e403bc980.jpg

The stud where the steering wheel bolts on cut a jagged hole through my chin and broke a bottom tooth square in half. My buddies chin hit the dash(you can see the dent) and broke his jaw in 3 places, not to mention the log that came through and almost hit him.

Now I drive an 89 Celica 5 speed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So justin, got that SC300 yet?

or

Did you decide on something different?

My daily drivers are corollas, one for the wife one for me. They are pretty boring even when they are living on the redline. However that is not why I bought them. My idea of a daily driver is the following:

1/ Supper reliable/Start first time everytime (Both corollas now have upwards of 300 000kms on them)

2/ Supper cheap, averaged over the last few years, I have spent bugger all on them

3/ Don't die if they miss a service or two (or in the case of one of my corollas has 50 000 km oil changes)

4/ Cheap to replace. I only put third party property insurance on my DD, so if they get written off, they need to be cheap to replace.

Everything else is just a nicety. I would definitely not complain about having some of the DD that the guys here have (Particularly jealous of that Audi Avant and some of those BMWs), but at this point of my life that would not fulfill my criteria for a DD.

I would suggest you make a list of criteria that you need in a DD, and then stick to it. If something comes up that filled my criteria and was a cool car then that would just be a bonus.

• 4 weeks later...